X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fender Pawn Shop 2013 : Opinions

I dig the strat with thinline type guard. What do you think of this new series?

Pawn Shop 2013.jpg

Attached Files
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Third from top "the Super-Sonic" : I dunno where the upper strap pin is located but this axe might well show some bad neck-dive unless the body weighs a ton.

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

i like the bass.

The strat is definitely cool. Are pawnshops still MIJ? The couple I played from the last models were very nice indeed.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
    Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
    Wisdom is not truth<br />
    Truth is not beauty<br />
    Beauty is not love<br />
    Love is not music.<br />
    Music Is The Best.</i><br />
    <br />
    - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• lz4005
      lz4005 commented
      Editing a comment

That picture drives me nuts. The four instruments are each a different length end to end, but they've scaled them so they're all the same size. The Bass VI and Mustang bass are 30" scale, the Strat is 25.5" and the other one is 24".

• Grantus
      Grantus commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      The strat is definitely cool. Are pawnshops still MIJ? The couple I played from the last models were very nice indeed.

MIM.

For the record, I like them all except the Strat. Trying to figure out how to pay for the Super-Sonic.

The bass is the coolest. The Strat is meh, the offset looks good, and the Super Sonic is a Squier reissue, and I always thought the original was odd.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• lz4005
      lz4005 commented
      Editing a comment

The bass is crap, because short scale basses sound terrible.

I like the Strat, because its a hardtail. And because I like HS guitars almost as much as I like SH guitars.

I'm torn on the Bass VI because I like 30" scale 6 strings, but I really hate Jazzmaster style bridges.

Supersonic = awful

Comment

Working...
    X