Bridge humbucker recommendations

44caliberKid

• Members

Hey fellas, just nailed a good deal on a Mexican strat wit HSS config. Being the tweaker I am, I never settle for stock. Looking to replace the stock humbucker with something else. I play in a real grungy nirvana, deftones sounding 3 piece. I have a schecter that I installed a dimarzio tone zone in like ten years ago and I've always loved it. But wanna do some thing different wit the mexi strat. Nothing active, I hate batteries. How bout a sd distortion pick up? Evolution? Something kinda hot wit lots of mids response, low end not super important in my sound.

• Members

44caliberKid wrote:

Hey fellas, just nailed a good deal on a Mexican strat wit HSS config. Being the tweaker I am, I never settle for stock. Looking to replace the stock humbucker with something else. I play in a real grungy nirvana, deftones sounding 3 piece. I have a schecter that I installed a dimarzio tone zone in like ten years ago and I've always loved it. But wanna do some thing different wit the mexi strat. Nothing active, I hate batteries. How bout a sd distortion pick up? Evolution? Something kinda hot wit lots of mids response, low end not super important in my sound.

Put your money somewhere else if you can't name any shortcomings of the current HB.

Congrats on y our purchase! How does it look, any pics?

• Members

Hhhmmm. I'll take a look at it. Funny story bout the pics... I can't figure out how to post pics wit an iPad. Any ideas? I know, it is terrible. In any case, she's a lil rough around the edges and def needs a lil tlc. The bridge and metal are rusted out kinda bad. Neck plate and tuners too. The electronics and neck are supposed to be solid though. We'll find out when I get it though, just won it and should be gettin it soon. It was worth the gamble. I'll tell you what I payed for it when I find out what it's " real" condition is. Haha.

Archived