Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joe Satriani Selling Over 65 Items From His Private Collection

from Gibson.com:

"(Gibson) With a new album on the way and Chickenfoot currently on hiatus pending their next move, it seems Joe Satriani has been doing a little spring cleaning: he's clearing out over 65 items from his private collection (including Gibson Custom Shop gear).

Satriani has called in Bananas At Large in San Rafael, California to help him sell some personal musical instruments, studio equipment and live gear. Bananas At Large has previously hosted private sales for Journey, Neal Schon, Santana, Doobie Brothers, Metallica, Grateful Dead, and many others.

Doors open on the sale after-hours on Wednesday March 27 at 7pm, with online sales beginning at 7:30pm. Expect to see electric and acoustic guitars, amps, effects and recording equipment from brands including Ibanez, Marshall, Fender, Gibson Custom Shop, Peavey, Mesa Boogie, Freedman, Sexauer, Dr. Z, Wizard and more. Items start from as low as $50.

Satriani's next album is Unstoppable Momentum, which is scheduled to be released on May 7, 2013 through Epic Records. It features Vinnie Colaiuta (Frank Zappa, Sting, Megadeth) on drums, Chris Chaney (Jane's Addiction) on bass and Mike Keneally (Frank Zappa, Steve Vai, solo) on keys. Joe's live band includes Keneally, bass player Bryan Beller (Dethklok, Steve Vai, The Aristocrats) and drummer Marco Minnemann (Paul Gilbert, Steven Wilson, The Aristocrats). Keneally, Minnemann and Beller sometimes perform as a trio, KMB"

http://www2.gibson.com/News-Lifestyle/News/en-us/Satriani-Has-Spring-Cleaning-Sale.aspx

INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

I wish I lived in San Rafael. Even if I didn't snag anything I'd love to check out some of that killer gear!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
    Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
    Wisdom is not truth<br />
    Truth is not beauty<br />
    Beauty is not love<br />
    Love is not music.<br />
    Music Is The Best.</i><br />
    <br />
    - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
      I wish I lived in San Rafael. Even if I didn't snag anything I'd love to check out some of that killer gear!

i completely agree.

I live about 12 blocks from the store - I'll definitely be there! There will probably be a line a mile long waiting to get in.

I've seen a lot of Neil Schon's gear for sale there over the years and almost bought one of his guitars once. One time I walked in and Neil was in there trying out gear and I got to hear a free 15 minute shredfest. I've also bumped into Narada Michael Walden and Tom Johnston of the Doobie Brothers there. Very cool store.

Comment

• BydoEmpire
      BydoEmpire commented
      Editing a comment

Neat, I'd definitley like to browse his stuff.  On a related note, I'm really happy to see Mike Kineally back on keys for the new album.  I thought he added a lot to Black Swans.

I'd definitely hit one of his Agiles or Xavieres

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Working...
    X