A bit overpriced perhaps?

Matt300ZXT

• Members

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/msg/3696157527.html

So since when are mid 80s run of the mill Ibanez guitars worth $2000? I'm just curious since I thought these were around $500ish guitars.  Tried to email the guy saying he was asking quite a bit too much and he wrote back pretty much saying he'd cut me a deal at $1999  lol

I'd hate for some kid who gets suckered in thinking it's a damn nice guitar worth every penny to buy it when he could probably buy 3 if he'd just shop around at that price.

• Members

Matt300ZXT wrote:

So since when are mid 80s run of the mill Ibanez guitars worth $2000? I'm just curious since I thought these were around $500ish guitars.  Tried to email the guy saying he was asking quite a bit too much and he wrote back pretty much saying he'd cut me a deal at $1999  lol

I'd hate for some kid who gets suckered in thinking it's a damn nice guitar worth every penny to buy it when he could probably buy 3 if he'd just shop around at that price.

Well, there are two different stories here:

He may very well be asking way, way too much, but there's no crime in trying. If he is, it won't sell (for the record, 80s shred machines are the absolute least interesting musical instruments ever made, to my mind, but I'm a child of the sixties), but the other angle here is I'm hoping you were actually wanting to buy the guitar and wanted to know if the guy would come down. Craigslist police are some of the most annoying people on the face of the planet (again, to my mind). And you may not be one of those; I'm assuming you were actually wanting to deal :smileywink:

Archived