A bit overpriced perhaps?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A bit overpriced perhaps?

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/msg/3696157527.html

So since when are mid 80s run of the mill Ibanez guitars worth $2000? I'm just curious since I thought these were around $500ish guitars.  Tried to email the guy saying he was asking quite a bit too much and he wrote back pretty much saying he'd cut me a deal at $1999  lol

I'd hate for some kid who gets suckered in thinking it's a damn nice guitar worth every penny to buy it when he could probably buy 3 if he'd just shop around at that price.

But it's a collector's item!
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• PRS_JRW
      PRS_JRW commented
      Editing a comment

^^^ So is a baseball card " id="smiley" src="https://guitarcenter.i.lithium.com/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-.png" alt=":smiley:" title="Smiley Very Happy" /> ^^^

Well, as the seller says, it is an "Ibanez Randy Rhoads V", How could it not be worth the money?

Comment

Matt300ZXT wrote:

http://chattanooga.craigslist.org/msg/3696157527.html

So since when are mid 80s run of the mill Ibanez guitars worth $2000? I'm just curious since I thought these were around $500ish guitars.  Tried to email the guy saying he was asking quite a bit too much and he wrote back pretty much saying he'd cut me a deal at $1999  lol

I'd hate for some kid who gets suckered in thinking it's a damn nice guitar worth every penny to buy it when he could probably buy 3 if he'd just shop around at that price.

Well, there are two different stories here:

He may very well be asking way, way too much, but there's no crime in trying. If he is, it won't sell (for the record, 80s shred machines are the absolute least interesting musical instruments ever made, to my mind, but I'm a child of the sixties), but the other angle here is I'm hoping you were actually wanting to buy the guitar and wanted to know if the guy would come down. Craigslist police are some of the most annoying people on the face of the planet (again, to my mind). And you may not be one of those; I'm assuming you were actually wanting to deal .png" alt=":smileywink:" title="Smiley Wink" />

Comment

• Mad Tele
        Mad Tele commented
        Editing a comment

that is a $400 guitar brand new/mint condish. he is clueless.  he should be asking $250 and hoping he gets $150.  the pickups are worth 90% of the guitar itself. 

Working...
    X