Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not? March 22nd

v

Soloway Swan

Swan Contour - swamp ash body, maple neck, 27" scale of course, pau ferro fingerboard, sea snail markers. Chambered, no hole, and has rounded edges and an arm contour, like on a Strat; very comfortable. The pickups are a pair of TV Jones TV'Trons - standard humbucker size repros of Gretsch Filtertrons.

This is an exceptional guitar. Remarkably even sounding all over the neck and every position rings like a bell. Chords speak clear and full, even with distortion, and the TV'Trons are capable of some great chime and twang.

v

v

v

v
    Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

27" scale? Is that a baritone? Because if it isn't, that sounds like it might be a bit stiff-feeling with all that tension.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Aside from the baritone scale it's a gorgeous guitar. The body shape is just beautiful, perfect.
      <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
      Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
      Wisdom is not truth<br />
      Truth is not beauty<br />
      Beauty is not love<br />
      Love is not music.<br />
      Music Is The Best.</i><br />
      <br />
      - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• nuke_diver
        nuke_diver commented
        Editing a comment

Jim Soloway used to be a regular here on HCEG but I haven't seen him in ages.  His guitars are beautiful and as I recall he was a pretty decent jazz guitarist to boot.  I'd love to have such a guitar but it would be wasted on me

• PurpleTrails
        PurpleTrails commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        Aside from the baritone scale it's a gorgeous guitar. The body shape is just beautiful, perfect.

This, in spades.

Hot!

Comment

• ugameus
        ugameus commented
        Editing a comment

Hot and more HOT!

Working...
    X