Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot or Not? March 22nd

v

Soloway Swan

Swan Contour - swamp ash body, maple neck, 27" scale of course, pau ferro fingerboard, sea snail markers. Chambered, no hole, and has rounded edges and an arm contour, like on a Strat; very comfortable. The pickups are a pair of TV Jones TV'Trons - standard humbucker size repros of Gretsch Filtertrons.

This is an exceptional guitar. Remarkably even sounding all over the neck and every position rings like a bell. Chords speak clear and full, even with distortion, and the TV'Trons are capable of some great chime and twang.

v

v

v

v
    Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

27" scale? Is that a baritone? Because if it isn't, that sounds like it might be a bit stiff-feeling with all that tension.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Aside from the baritone scale it's a gorgeous guitar. The body shape is just beautiful, perfect.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• nuke_diver
        nuke_diver commented
        Editing a comment

Jim Soloway used to be a regular here on HCEG but I haven't seen him in ages.  His guitars are beautiful and as I recall he was a pretty decent jazz guitarist to boot.  I'd love to have such a guitar but it would be wasted on me

• PurpleTrails
        PurpleTrails commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        Aside from the baritone scale it's a gorgeous guitar. The body shape is just beautiful, perfect.

This, in spades.

Hot!

Comment

• ugameus
        ugameus commented
        Editing a comment

Hot and more HOT!

Working...
    X