X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Props to GreatDane!

I just wanna say I really appreciate everything you've been trying to do to help the forum lately. I really dig the hot or not threads. You've been a champ getting those up every day as well as trying to spark other discussions.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><i>Information is not knowledge<br />
    Knowledge is not wisdom<br />
    Wisdom is not truth<br />
    Truth is not beauty<br />
    Beauty is not love<br />
    Love is not music.<br />
    Music Is The Best.</i><br />
    <br />
    - Frank Zappa</div>

Indeed. I dig the instruments that have been posted up. Hot or not, all have been interesting.

Trooper #179. Epiphone Sorrento 50th ann. reissue, Riviera P93 (wine red, black pearl, Royale red, white, gold), Wildkat (white, natural) Emperor Swingster, ES-355, SG 400 (red, black), Dot Studio, ES-335 Pro, LP Standard Pro+, LP Junior , LP Florentine, EL-00, LP Special 1 (yellow, red), G-1275, Gretsch Electromatic CB, Double Jet w/Bigsby, Squier Deluxe Stratocaster, Affinity Tele, Greco electric double cut, Gibson LPJ, Les Paul Special Humbucker, LP "single F hole", Firebird, ES-335, Ibanez GA35, AF151, SGBE-110, Regal Duolian RC-2, Marcus Martini A mandolin, Valencia A electric mandolin, Savannah F mandolin, Maestro mando-caster, Ktone F mandolin, Stella 12 string acoustic, Hondo H-320, Yamaha F325, Rogue 6 string lap steel, Warmouth P bass, Vox Amplug AC30 and cabinet, Mini 3 G2, AromA mini recording amp, Digitech Whammy V5 and MIDI controller, Expression X whammy, T C Electronic Transition and Flashback loopers, Boss Distortion DS-1, e-Band JS10, Electro-Harmonics Ravish sitar simulator w/ 2 MOOG expression pedals, B9 organ synthesizer, Epiphone tweed mini, Century, Fender Mustang Mini, Passport Mini, GDEC 3-30, Mustang 3 V2 (40 watt) , Hiwatt Bulldog 20, Bugera V5 and 2x12 cabinet, 6260-212, Acoustic Lead 20, Marshall G10 MKII, NuX Amp Force, ZOOM G2Nu w/ expression pedal, SoundTech QM802 compact mixer, out of room lol

Comment

I agree. They have been interesting. He's always been a stand up dude, and I sense he's trying to get this forum buzzing again. I think that's awesome.
      Beauty is not love<br />
      Love is not music.<br />
      <br />
      - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• GreatDane
        GreatDane commented
        Editing a comment

photon9 wrote:
        I agree. They have been interesting. He's always been a stand up dude, and I sense he's trying to get this forum buzzing again. I think that's awesome.

geez, thank you.  I appreciate the recognition.  i have no blind devotion to this site and it's "powers that be", but i do have a huge spot in my heart for the people here (past, present and hopefully future).  i can't think of another forum that i'd rather corrupt.  

i won't be surprised if at least a few forumites think i'm a naive idiot, and they may be right, but i'm of the opinion if you want something to be better, then make it better.  it's easy to be dire, negative, bitter and lash out while trying to undermine.  but that's not my style.  i don't have much time each day to focus on HCEG, but damnit if i'm not going to use that time positively.  

and you guys don't owe me a ****************ing thing.  i just like it here.

^^^^^
      And that's why you deserve some props!

I hope this forum bounces back too. Maybe I should try a little harder...

Maybe a good old fashioned Gibson QC thread or something lol!
      Beauty is not love<br />
      Love is not music.<br />
      <br />
      - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• The EAKLE
        The EAKLE commented
        Editing a comment

Yeah, i look for the Hot Or Nots every day. Good stuff!

Me too, me too. I really look forward to them.
      Beauty is not love<br />
      Love is not music.<br />
      <br />
      - Frank Zappa</div>

Comment

• GilmourD
        GilmourD commented
        Editing a comment
        From one GD to another, good jorb, buddy!

I couldn't agree more. GD is huge part of why I dig this forum. He's a winner in life and that's not by sheer luck. 

__________________________________________________ ___________________

Yamaholic --- PpP --- Old geezer with a grey beard

Comment

• w00dsy
        w00dsy commented
        Editing a comment

ah that fellow Great Dane, i do like the cut of his jib. 

I also enjoy the "Hot or Not" everyday. Thanks!

Comment

I too appreciate that someone picked-up the baton and his running with a daily guitar pic. Thank you, GreatDane.

Comment

• Jkater
          Jkater commented
          Editing a comment

While GD is being in the daily spotlight for his hot or not threads and associated by some to those threads, his contribution to this forum has been more in the way of making this place much more classy, positive and dignified. It makes you think if someone like him deems this place to be worthy of his time, it must be a good place to visit.

Working...
      X