Coheed And Cambria's Claudio Sanchez talks guitars, concept albums and band harmony

GreatDane

• Members

from musicradar.com:

v

Coheed And Cambria singer and guitarist Claudio Sanchez has spent the whole of his musical career telling the tale of, well, Coheed and Cambria - the fictional characters he created for a good vs evil saga called The Armoy Wars. It's a storyline that has encompassed seven studio albums, a comic book series, a novel and will soon be turned into a feature-length film via Mark Wahlberg's company, Leverage Entertainment.

"It could be tough to give somebody a bullet-point version of the story," says Sanchez. "But the good thing is, you don't have to know a thing about the concept to just listen to our music and get into it. You don't even have to follow the story to like our records. That's always been a goal of mine."

Sanchez admits that he's started work on a new narrative that doesn't involves the protagonists Coheed and Cambria. "Basically, it's the story of Cyrus Amory and his discovery of the what the Keywork energy source is in relation to the colonies that all of these characters inhabit," he says. Before then, however, he and Coheed And Cambria

• Members

It's funny that he says that he could never play like my namesake, but you can absolutely hear it in his solos. There's definitely a strong influence in his solo phrasing.

I'm so psyched about the possibility of a CoCa movie. :)

Archived