This is sad

Elias Graves

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

It will bounce back. Or it won't. We'll all survive. I for one was going to leave for another forum, but decided to stick it out. Maybe some will come back, after they notice that the place isn't that bad. Granted, they haven't fixed anything after the first week of the launch (avatars still suck, skinny screen, quotes out of control, and the mobile version is too limited), but it's still good enough for discussion.

• Members

I've been thinking the same thing. Quite sad. I bounce around on a lot of forums so I don't have a high post count here, but I've been active at HC off and on since 1997.

This used to be the absolute go to place for musical instrument related info, forums, etc. It'd be sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if this site died completely in the near future. The handwriting seems to be on the wall.

A site like this just doesn't mesh well with corporate ownership. They just don't "get it". I really wish the site would be bought and ran by a private entity and maybe things could turn around.

• Members

i did consider leaving too but i'm hoping it'll get better

i don't like the new forum though

i'm still not sure as to why all of this happened? HC2.0 was a total disaster, gear reviews all gone, dwindling forum activity

yeah it is sad. this place used to be such an amazing resource

• Members

I'm really disappointed too with the way things have been going here. But if you think the Guitar Forum is slow, the Amp forum is slower, and the Keyboard/Synth Forum is like a ghost town with posts on the front page from a week ago. I'm hanging in, though and hoping it will pick up.

• Members

I know right!

I had been gone for some time and I came back ...and...uh..

they actually did what some said they were going to do some time back.....

but they had put it off

and put it off

but now.....

surprise-surprise!

I can't take too much stock in this anymore.

Game on or Game over

Just passing through with an occasional post or two and lucky for me I'm too busy to really care.

• Members

GilmourD wrote:

Ironically my activity has increased greatly with the new forum.

Same here.

With HC 2.0, I got pissed off with pages not loading, so i stopped visiting for awhile. I came back one day out of curiosity and found this new format. At first I wasn't too pleased with the layout and the different way of posting pics and stuff. But once i figured stuff out, everything was ok. The pages load so that's a plus.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

Man, this place was once the busiest place on the web, now I still see posts from yesterday on the front page. I hope the bean counters at guitar center are pleased.

you seem like a smart guy, EG.  if you aren't happy with the lack of thread activity, then why don't you post something constructive and engaging?

• Members

GreatDane wrote:

Elias Graves wrote:

Man, this place was once the busiest place on the web, now I still see posts from yesterday on the front page. I hope the bean counters at guitar center are pleased.

you seem like a smart guy, EG.  if you aren't happy with the lack of thread activity, then why don't you post something constructive and engaging?

Agreed.

I have a dual NGD thread to post once I'm actually awake and can take some pics. That'll probably be tomorrow.

• Members

Elias Graves wrote:

@Great Dane:

Perhaps I'll do that more if they ever support iPad use.

so you can post "this place is sad" threads, but you can't post threads that contribute anything positive because the platform doesn't support iPad use?

• Members

GilmourD wrote:

I just found out that we're limited to five kudos a day. LOL

Just gets better and better.. I haven't been here/posted since 2/8, and it looks exactly the same. I only check back every couple days to look at the deal thread, but that's dead too. In Nov/Dec those threads were insane. Great job!

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

It will bounce back. Or it won't. We'll all survive. I for one was going to leave for another forum, but decided to stick it out. Maybe some will come back, after they notice that the place isn't that bad. Granted, they haven't fixed anything after the first week of the launch (avatars still suck,
skinny screen
, quotes out of control, and the mobile version is too limited), but it's still good enough for discussion.

To fix the skinny screen, just press the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then tap the + key until the screen fills up. That's what I do. It takes 6 taps of the + key to fill the screen on my desktop.

Archived