X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This is sad

Man, this place was once the busiest place on the web, now I still see posts from yesterday on the front page. I hope the bean counters at guitar center are pleased.
    We're not in Kansas anymore.

It will bounce back. Or it won't. We'll all survive. I for one was going to leave for another forum, but decided to stick it out. Maybe some will come back, after they notice that the place isn't that bad. Granted, they haven't fixed anything after the first week of the launch (avatars still suck, skinny screen, quotes out of control, and the mobile version is too limited), but it's still good enough for discussion.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• humbuckerstrat
      humbuckerstrat commented
      Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
      It will bounce back. Or it won't. We'll all survive. I for one was going to leave for another forum, but decided to stick it out. Maybe some will come back, after they notice that the place isn't that bad. Granted, they haven't fixed anything after the first week of the launch (avatars still suck, skinny screen, quotes out of control, and the mobile version is too limited), but it's still good enough for discussion.

To fix the skinny screen, just press the Ctrl key on your keyboard, and then tap the + key until the screen fills up. That's what I do. It takes 6 taps of the + key to fill the screen on my desktop.

I've been thinking the same thing. Quite sad. I bounce around on a lot of forums so I don't have a high post count here, but I've been active at HC off and on since 1997.

This used to be the absolute go to place for musical instrument related info, forums, etc. It'd be sad, but I wouldn't be surprised if this site died completely in the near future. The handwriting seems to be on the wall.

A site like this just doesn't mesh well with corporate ownership. They just don't "get it". I really wish the site would be bought and ran by a private entity and maybe things could turn around.

Comment

It's tough to do once a brand name has been drug through the mud.

Comment

• danswon
        danswon commented
        Editing a comment
        i did consider leaving too but i'm hoping it'll get better

i don't like the new forum though

i'm still not sure as to why all of this happened? HC2.0 was a total disaster, gear reviews all gone, dwindling forum activity

yeah it is sad. this place used to be such an amazing resource

Only other place I've seen lithium software is as a feedback tool for manufacturer's/retailers sites.

Comment

• joemonkey
        joemonkey commented
        Editing a comment

I'm still lol'ng at how the vitriol-spitting douchebags from the old board seem to have picked up their balls and gone home.  No more waa-waa-M123-won't give-me-75%-off-an-item threads.  Bunch of crybabies. 

I'm really disappointed too with the way things have been going here. But if you think the Guitar Forum is slow, the Amp forum is slower, and the Keyboard/Synth Forum is like a ghost town with posts on the front page from a week ago. I'm hanging in, though and hoping it will pick up.

Comment

Ironically my activity has increased greatly with the new forum.
        Mazi Bee Militia!
        JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
        PpP
        My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

• J-E-M
          J-E-M commented
          Editing a comment

GilmourD wrote:
          Ironically my activity has increased greatly with the new forum.

Same here.

With HC 2.0, I got pissed off with pages not loading, so i stopped visiting for awhile. I came back one day out of curiosity and found this new format. At first I wasn't too pleased with the layout and the different way of posting pics and stuff. But once i figured stuff out, everything was ok. The pages load so that's a plus.

I know right!

I had been gone for some time and I came back ...and...uh..

they actually did what some said they were going to do some time back.....

but they had put it off

and put it off

but now.....

surprise-surprise!

I can't take too much stock in this anymore.

Game on or Game over

Just passing through with an occasional post or two and lucky for me I'm too busy to really care.

Comment

What kind of surprises me is that a lot of people who were still posting when the site was broken 23 hours a day won

Comment

Elias Graves wrote:
            Man, this place was once the busiest place on the web, now I still see posts from yesterday on the front page. I hope the bean counters at guitar center are pleased.

you seem like a smart guy, EG.  if you aren't happy with the lack of thread activity, then why don't you post something constructive and engaging?

INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• gardo
              gardo commented
              Editing a comment

This place has slowed down so I've also started visiting the amp forum .

If you think this place is slow ..........

• GilmourD
              GilmourD commented
              Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:

Elias Graves wrote:

you seem like a smart guy, EG.  if you aren't happy with the lack of thread activity, then why don't you post something constructive and engaging?

Agreed.

I have a dual NGD thread to post once I'm actually awake and can take some pics. That'll probably be tomorrow.

@Great Dane:
            Perhaps I'll do that more if they ever support iPad use.

Comment

• benzem
              benzem commented
              Editing a comment

Pathetic more than sad.

• GreatDane
              GreatDane commented
              Editing a comment

Elias Graves wrote:
              @Great Dane:
              Perhaps I'll do that more if they ever support iPad use.

so you can post "this place is sad" threads, but you can't post threads that contribute anything positive because the platform doesn't support iPad use?

At least you guys are back. Nice to see you again. We need your help for more new threads.Cheers
            "The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it" (Fruteland Jackson)

"You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience" (anonymous)

Comment

• blind radish
              blind radish commented
              Editing a comment

Sad or not, you gotta give Great Dane kudos for the Hot or Not posts

Yeah, those threads are consistently good.
            Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Thanks, guys. I skipped a few days here and there when the inspiration wasn't flowin'. It seemed like a fun (albeit unoriginal) idea to get us talking about guitars again. Glad some people dig it!
              INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

I just found out that we're limited to five kudos a day. LOL
                Mazi Bee Militia!
                JJ Pistols Kickfụck Brigade
                PpP
                My gear list is in serious need of an update...

Comment

• LOLRECONLOL
                  LOLRECONLOL commented
                  Editing a comment

GilmourD wrote:

Just gets better and better.. I haven't been here/posted since 2/8, and it looks exactly the same. I only check back every couple days to look at the deal thread, but that's dead too. In Nov/Dec those threads were insane. Great job!

• humbuckerstrat
                  humbuckerstrat commented
                  Editing a comment

GilmourD wrote:

So that's why I can't give any more kudos 

Working...
              X