GFS Neovin Tele Pickups

pathofspirit

• Members

I totally forgot about these pickups, I was planning on checking the site over the weekend to see when they'd be put up.

The Pure Vintage set sounds pretty darned good. I got my eye on those for upgrading my Squier Tele.

Nice job Jay!!! :thu:

• Members

You, sir, are too kind...

for me that "Hard Vintage" set is the shit....

Jay

When I get the money I'm definitely ordering a set of the neovins for my Tele. I've heard different sound clips from other winders but none of them sounded right until I heard these ones.

I'm deciding right now whether to get the "Hard Vintage" or "Pure Vintage". I like the "Pure Vintage" bridge for the brighter high-end and slightly more twang. But the "Hard Vintage" neck is definitely the shit. It has so much sex appeal. :love: So smooth.

I'll have to figure out what to do now. Thanks again Jay :wave:

• Members

I listened to the sound clips and the hard vintage sound great. Now I just have to find another Tele to put them in. I'm not going to replace my Lil Punchers and I'm happy with the pups in my Ash Tele. Looks like I'll be keeping a eye out for another Tele project.

• Members

hi Jay

I talked to you about this some time ago, looks like you finally got all the noise reduction parts of the neo's to finally fit into that metal case of a tele neck pickup
:lol:

way to go jay congrats
:thu:

:)

Yeah it was quite a pain to get this whole thing together- So I'm anxious to hear what you guys have to say after they get out into the field -

Jay

• Members

Make me a noise free Fatbody neck pickup and u have a customer for all time.

A very close solution is to use one of our Tele guards cut for a strat pickup and a Neo7 Strat pickup or a 6K Lil Killer- Either way you get a similar thing - nothing really matches the sweetness of the single coil for that particular tone however...

Jay

• Members

for me that "Hard Vintage" set is the {censored}....

Jay

Yep, I'm with you on that from the clips you have up. The "hard vintage" had a very nice P90 flavor to them - very gritty with bouncy bottom....errr...yeah...

The Power Rock set has some similar character to the Neovin strat power rock set (I have those in my XV870). I like those too, but since I already have that sound...

Now, if we can just get you to put one of your tele models together with the Hard Vintage set, and a bigsby-style trem and I'll be "all-in" on a pre-order...hehe

EDIT: and while you're at it, make it a 22 fret neck ROFL

• 3 years later...

Archived