Anyone interested in a pedal build thread?

warriorpoet

• Members

Minister of music by day, small-time pedal cooker by night. ;)

My specialty is hybrid fuzz circuits, though I do quite enjoy cobbling the odd PCB-based build together for a lark.

I know a lot of us play through a big-ol chain of effects, and I'm curious just how many have felt the DIY itch, and/ or are just plain interested in seeing how it's done.  I have a very special pedal in mind for this build thread, but if no one's interested I can just "photodump" at the end.

Let me know what you think :)

Here are a few PCBs I've built up for reference; some are quite old (I forget to take pics of everything I'm working on ;) )

FuzzBox

Luna Moth

Revolution gain section

MKC1 PCB dye

• Members

I'm interested in a pedal build thread as well as I've started working on my soldering skills in preparation of trying my hand at a few pedals.  There is just something about playing through something you made, over something you just bought, that brings a feeling of pride with it.

• Members

Looks like a lot of folks want to get started on PCB-based stuff.  Maybe I'll whip together a simple PCB-based circuit this weekend to give those of you interested in getting started a little motivation :)

The one I really want to log, though, is on perf, and that's not really as noobie-friendly as a documented PCB.  Maybe I'll do two threads...

Something like a GuitarPCB Industrial Fuzz oughta do the trick.  The perfboard circuit is my own.

• Members

warriorpoet wrote:

Minister of music by day, small-time pedal cooker by night.
;)

My specialty is hybrid fuzz circuits, though I do quite enjoy cobbling the odd PCB-based build together for a lark.

I know a lot of us play through a big-ol chain of effects, and I'm curious just how many have felt the DIY itch, and/ or are just plain interested in seeing how it's done.  I have a very special pedal in mind for this build thread, but if no one's interested I can just "photodump" at the end.

Let me know what you think
:)

Here are a few PCBs I've built up for reference; some are quite old (I forget to take pics of everything I'm working on
;)
)

FuzzBox

Luna Moth

Revolution gain section

MKC1 PCB dye

nice work!

• Members

GilmourD wrote:

WP, your wiring is SO neat! I wish I could be that neat.

Thanks, man.  I'm getting better at it, but I'm never really satisfied with wiring.  I'm always looking for ways to make it cleaner.  I hope to share the tricks I use to make it as clean as it is, and hopefully glean a tip or two from the experienced guys here too :)

I began preliminary work today, with one minor cosmetic bummer.  I'll get to soldering a bit tomorrow night and post some pics.

Archived