I did something I haven't done in a while (Classic Vibe content)

twotimingpete

• Members

My gear head days reached a fever pitch in the years 2008 to 2010. Lately, it's tapered off as I've been pretty distracted with some projects.

Moments ago I just did something I haven't done in quite a while: A guitar impulse purchase.

I've sorta had a bit of gas bubbling up again lately, specifically for a new tele.

On a whim I decided to check in with the classic vibe line to see what was going on, because I remembered having a classic vibe 50s tele pass through my hands for a few weeks a couple years ago and thinking it was pretty solid.

I found something on Sweetwater's site that I haven't seen available anywhere else. Double bound classic vibe tele customs in limited run colors. Specifically, black and olympic white. These also have painted headstocks.

I was instantly drawn to the black one.

.CGS1220332-angle-large.jpg

Being sweet water, I had the opportunity to examine the specific guitars for sale, with photos and weight for each one. I found one that looked particularly good, with the bridge lined up smack in the center of the pick guard cut and the strings going smack down the middle of the fretboard (I am REALLY anal/OCD about this and it does vary some on teles in particular.. Even if it doesn't necessarily affect anything, just the knowledge that it's not centered has driven me to exhange guitars in the past). The weight was also lighter than the others at 7 pounds 13 oz.

Something about all this just got to me, and I felt a degree of urgency/justification by the fact that this is a limited run color and I can only find it on sweetwater.

Wallet just got lighter. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm probably going to need some more A3 rockwinds in the near future.

• Members

twotimingpete wrote:

My gear head days reached a fever pitch in the years 2008 to 2010. Lately, it's tapered off as I've been pretty distracted with some projects.

Moments ago I just did something I haven't done in quite a while: A guitar impulse purchase.

I've sorta had a bit of gas bubbling up again lately, specifically for a new tele.

On a whim I decided to check in with the classic vibe line to see what was going on, because I remembered having a classic vibe 50s tele pass through my hands for a few weeks a couple years ago and thinking it was pretty solid.

I found something on Sweetwater's site that I haven't seen available anywhere else. Double bound classic vibe tele customs in limited run colors. Specifically, black and olympic white. These also have painted headstocks.

I was instantly drawn to the black one.

.CGS1220332-angle-large.jpg

Being sweet water, I had the opportunity to examine the specific guitars for sale, with photos and weight for each one. I found one that looked particularly good, with the bridge lined up smack in the center of the pick guard cut and the strings going smack down the middle of the fretboard (I am REALLY anal/OCD about this and it does vary some on teles in particular.. Even if it doesn't necessarily affect anything, just the knowledge that it's not centered has driven me to exhange guitars in the past). The weight was also lighter than the others at 7 pounds 13 oz.

Something about all this just got to me, and I felt a degree of urgency/justification by the fact that this is a limited run color and I can only find it on sweetwater.

Wallet just got lighter. Can't wait to get my hands on it. I'm probably going to need some more A3 rockwinds in the near future.

that is a gorgeous looking tele- congratulations!  i like the double-bound look on teles a lot.  i hope you really love it when it arrives.  

• Members

Congrats on being the first one around here to order one.  I have a mid '80s Japanese Tele with a black headstock, and I think it looks correct for that model.  I'd love to see and hear it after you get it and if (when) you do a pickup swap ...

• Members

I have recently found a tele that I really love, after owning a few, and it happens to be one of the 50s CV teles. I knew I really loved the bridge pickups they use - alnico 3 and relatively high output, but had never found one that was good in other respects. This one isn't absolutely perfect in terms of playability, but it sounds phenomenal. So, it's a big thumbs up to Squier CV telecasters from me! Definitely great guitars, and monstrous sounds (at least I find that).

Archived