Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What 'Learn Electric guitar' book

would you recommend to a starter?

(I know a good teacher is the ideal but the person I have in mind can't afford one. He will use 'justin guitar' but want some off line resource as well.)

Don't pick a fight with an old man,
    If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

'' Who, me Officer?''

I've subscribed to Jamplay.com recently. It looks great. They have a monthly plan . Why not give that a go?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font face="Verdana"><font size="1"><font color="slategray">&quot;The blues is the recognition of a tragedy, and the optimism to deal with it&quot; (Fruteland Jackson)<br />
    <br />
    &quot;You may think you're playing your instrument, but what you're really playing is the audience&quot; (anonymous)</font></font></font></div>

Comment

I find a lot more use in videos than books. Check out Justin Sundercoe's youtube page. He's got a huge variety of lessons, starting with begginner and intermediate, and then specific stuff like blues or folk guitar lessons.

I watched a few blues guitar ones and they were pretty helpful. He teaches you how to play the stuff, and then talks about how you should use it all together. I'm over halfway through the folk fingerstyle lessons and theres some pretty good stuff in there.

Comment

http://metalmethod.com sells a great, cheap set of DVDs and provides the accompanying sheet music for free in a variety of digital formats.

Comment

knotty wrote:

(I know a good teacher is the ideal but the person I have in mind can't afford one. He will use 'justin guitar' but want some off line resource as well.)

What kind of music do you plan to play?

Comment

• FrankenSteinberger
            FrankenSteinberger commented
            Editing a comment

Perhaps this isn't for the beginner, but once the student starts to be curious about scales, some sort of coverage of the C-A-G-E-D system is helpful: (like the link below)

http://www.i-love-guitar.com/guitar-scales-major-patterns-7.html

• knotty
            knotty commented
            Editing a comment

PRS_JRW wrote:

knotty wrote:

What kind of music do you plan to play?

Its not for me. A lad I know is starting. He is into punk/foo fighters type stuff.

Working...
        X