Former Anthrax Singer John Bush No Longer Wants To Tour.

GreatDane

• Members

Yes, I can respect Mr Bush's preference not to do live performances. Fans will still be able to appreciate him via studio releases - that should be enough. But there will be fans who think they are owed something and entitled to a live show - that's a selfish mindset.

David Bowie's doing the same thing. Could this be the start of a trend among artists?

• Members

GreatDane wrote:

what do you think?  can you respect him wanting to do it on his own terms?  or does he have an obligation to share his talent with as many fans around the world as often as possible?

How could someone not respect this? Everybody wants to do what they love on their own terms, and with how long he's been around, I think he's earned a break. 

• Members

good for him. i never understood why it has to be all or nothing. why did Van Halen have to do a grueling world tour that almost broke up the band again?  just do a few shows a month. screw the fans.  thats what I would do. hardcore multl-city tours are for young bands trying to make it, not old farts that have been in the biz for 30 years.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Kevman wrote:

Touring and merch sales are where the $ is nowadays. I respect his position but Armored Saint is not selling very many discs nowadays are they? It must be just for fun, which I also totally relate with.

were they ever selling many discs or tours?  They never attained the success of their peers by a longshot.

Archived