Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Former Anthrax Singer John Bush No Longer Wants To Tour.

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Anthrax Singer John Bush No Longer Wants To Tour.

from classic rock magazine:

"Former Anthrax singer John Bush says his voice is better than it

INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Yes, absolutely.
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• J-E-M
      J-E-M commented
      Editing a comment

Yes, I can respect Mr Bush's preference not to do live performances. Fans will still be able to appreciate him via studio releases - that should be enough. But there will be fans who think they are owed something and entitled to a live show - that's a selfish mindset.

David Bowie's doing the same thing. Could this be the start of a trend among artists?

GreatDane wrote:

what do you think?  can you respect him wanting to do it on his own terms?  or does he have an obligation to share his talent with as many fans around the world as often as possible?

How could someone not respect this? Everybody wants to do what they love on their own terms, and with how long he's been around, I think he's earned a break. 

Guitars Canada - Guitar Forum for Canadians

Comment

• Mad Tele
      Mad Tele commented
      Editing a comment

good for him. i never understood why it has to be all or nothing. why did Van Halen have to do a grueling world tour that almost broke up the band again?  just do a few shows a month. screw the fans.  thats what I would do. hardcore multl-city tours are for young bands trying to make it, not old farts that have been in the biz for 30 years.

Touring and merch sales are where the $ is nowadays. I respect his position but Armored Saint is not selling very many discs nowadays are they? It must be just for fun, which I also totally relate with.
    LIVESTRONGwww.bandmix.com/kevman/Hey what happened? I had 5000+ posts here.

Comment

• Tone Deaf
      Tone Deaf commented
      Editing a comment

I'm crushed...

• Fusion1
      Fusion1 commented
      Editing a comment

Kevman wrote:
      Touring and merch sales are where the $ is nowadays. I respect his position but Armored Saint is not selling very many discs nowadays are they? It must be just for fun, which I also totally relate with.

were they ever selling many discs or tours?  They never attained the success of their peers by a longshot.

Working...
X