New home studio, MXL mic, SM 57, birthday presents

jack harper

• Members

Agreed, nicely done.

I just picked up a Condenser mic myself recently mainly for acoustic guitar and maybe as a second channel on an amped guitar (have a 57 already for that). I did use it for vocals but my singing is pretty bad so it was more for an experiment than for anything else

• Members

Thank you, The mic was about $200, it's a very great piece of gear. between the mic, the mix, and adobe audition. I am getting some really nice professional recordings.

This is my first condenser mic, once i nail the finer points i'll be making an album

• Members

jack harper wrote:

Yes of course there are always exceptions BUT I prefer the sensitive condenser for its range and what it brings out of my recordings.

And conditions are ideal, its a studio

Cool.  I didn

• Members

jack harper wrote:

Yes of course there are always exceptions BUT I prefer the sensitive condenser for its range and what it brings out of my recordings.

And conditions are ideal, its a studio

I'm glad I got condenser too though I am not using it in a studio or for a record.   My current set up is such that I cannot get much signal out of my SM57 while recording acoustically or on vocals without cranking up the pre and then it gets noisy so I need to get the signal by digitally boosting it with a PT plugin.  It's much simpler now and I think sounds better.  Yeah maybe I'll get a better preamp someday but I don't need much and spending $130 for a used MK319 seemed like a better idea than spending several hundred $$ on a new preamp and maybe new software :?

Archived