Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Electric guitars with natural/clear finish - Hot or Not?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Electric guitars with natural/clear finish - Hot or Not?

i'm not talking about bursts or trans-color finishes.  do you like the look of a clearcoated, un-factory-tinted maple, ash, basswood, alder, etc. top on an electric guitar?  post pics of your favorite(s).

does something like this do it for you, or does it come off looking incomplete, cheap or awkward?  does a natural-finish make your heart go pitter-patter, or do you just go "meh"?

v

v

v

v

Attached Files
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Some yes, some no. I love natural on basses, but not so much on guitars, especially LP-type.

Strats/Teles with black or tort pickguard, yes.

Otherwise a nice flame with a bit of burst around the edges works for me.   

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------.
    Hate is like taking poison, hoping the other guy gets sick.

How above being tricked are you? Take the test
    ---->
    HERE

Comment

• Floyd Rosenbomb
      Floyd Rosenbomb commented
      Editing a comment

I don't mind it,

a

Attached Files

They

Comment

• Tone Deaf
      Tone Deaf commented
      Editing a comment

I've never liked that look.

Most of the time, I like it. Natural 335s are my favorite.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Into Nation
      Into Nation commented
      Editing a comment

I love them.  Natural slabs, or tops so long as you can't see the joins or they are 2 pc down the middle.

I've grown to like them... and in the hands of someone like Phil X, Eric Johnson, Eric Gales, Jimmy Herring, Carl Verheyen, etc, etc I bet they would sound great!

http://www.reverbnation.com/thedubiouscapture

Comment

It can definitely work if the wood is matched well. That Guild is beautiful, the strat is almost there, and the LP looks terrible.
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• mschafft
        mschafft commented
        Editing a comment

For semi-hollows and Teles. Either very dark fretboard or maple.

Working...
    X