Stuck in an elevator with an artist : wishlist

mschafft

• Members

Definitely not some old English dudes, no matter how good of guitarists they are.

I've been fortunate in my line of work to have been able to meet a lot of my musical heroes already. Unfortunately, some of those folks have turned out to be twats. There are a few I'd still like to meet. Willie Nelson comes to mind. But I don't want to get stuck on an elevator with him. I'd like to get stuck on his tour bus, near his stash. So, for the elevator encounter, I'm gonna go with:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSndGNcfSU9_flf3DUwaWl

(Kimbra)

And while I'm fantasizing, it will be the unmarried, more fit me of 7 years ago. :)

• Members

Joe was on a recent episode of that Guitar Center show and said he always loves talking to fans, and felt it was important to have time for them. That being said, he says it's important to talk to people about sobriety, and how he always has time in that regard, since it might save a life (or two) ...

• Members

Allison Robertson is a good call. I'm a big fan of her playing, and she's very attractive.

Obviously I'd want to be stuck on an elevator with a hot woman like Katy Perry, but that's just wishful thinking. She'd get sick of me after a few minutes, probably, because I'd have nothing to say to her. I'd just want her body.

Alex Lifeson, of course. I'd like to ask him what he plays at home when he's not under the Rush umbrella. There's a segment on the Rush in Rio second disc where he's playing some scorching blues -- I think for his pre-show warmup -- and that was really cool to hear him playing in a different idiom. I'd also ask him about theory.

• Members

noisebloom wrote:

Allison Robertson is a good call. I'm a big fan of her playing, and she's very attractive.

Obviously I'd want to be stuck on an elevator with a hot woman like Katy Perry, but that's just wishful thinking. She'd get sick of me after a few minutes, probably, because I'd have nothing to say to her. I'd just want her body.

Alex Lifeson, of course. I'd like to ask him what he plays at home when he's not under the Rush umbrella. There's a segment on the Rush in Rio second disc where he's playing some scorching blues -- I think for his pre-show warmup -- and that was really cool to hear him playing in a different idiom. I'd also ask him about theory.

Yeah, Allison Robertson gets some really great sounds, she plays well, and The Donnas have some very cool songs. 

Archived