• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gibson Les Paul Custom Lite

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/gibson-les-paul-custom-lite

$1499

original.jpg

I'd swap all gold hardware for chrome and put those worn chrome pickup covers on it, with that 'frosted' look...but then I dunno if I'd still like such a thin body on a LP...everything else about it is pretty cool but what is replacing the 4th speed knob??

Attached Files

balsa center?

<div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://commonsensemets.tumblr.com" target="_blank">The Common Sense Mets Fan</a><br />
    <br />
    <i>There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that &quot;my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.&quot; - Isaac Asimov, Newsweek (21 January 1980)</i></div>

Comment

• genesis3
      genesis3 commented
      Editing a comment

chambered, I think...much thinner than a typical LP too

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

Help!I'maRock! wrote:

balsa center?

i'm being dense and missing the reference - where does it say in the linked MF ad that it's a balsa center? i only see reference to chambered mahogany.

This ended up being a lot less expensive than I expected. I thought it would have a price more in line with, you know, a Les Paul custom. Depending on what they really weigh I might pick one up with a GC 15% off coupon. 

But probably nobody will buy these because the internet will light up with people freaking out because balsa isn

Comment

• genesis3
      genesis3 commented
      Editing a comment

$1500 - $225 = $1275 with MF's 15% coupon ....tempting...Black is the one color on a Custom LP that is just so bad ass...classy yet killer...

• Sic07
      Sic07 commented
      Editing a comment
      Oh my if I wasn't broke i would have bought one of those right now. I really don't care if the body is thinner nor chambered. The les paul i have is chambered and it sounds awesome. Though I think it will sound like the les paul i have since it has the same pickups but im gonna check it out.

I thought they had brought these back with the balsa center that was in the old ones. But I don

Comment

• Karma1
      Karma1 commented
      Editing a comment

The ones with the balsa wood center were the Les Paul Studio Lites. I have one and its a great guitar. I don't think the original Custom Lite had that, but I could be mistaken.

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

jpnyc wrote:

I thought they had brought these back with the balsa center that was in the old ones. But I don

• Help!I'maRock!
      Help!I'maRock! commented
      Editing a comment

jpnyc wrote:

Working...
X