Hi

mistersully

• Members

how y'all doing?

what's happening in your world of guitars?

me?... i've been rearranging my studio... i'm about to build a wall to section off part of it to record vocals/acoustc instruments... i'll post some pics when it's done

and...i love my tele

tele.JPG

• Members

Hey Dave! Good to see you. No new guitars lately. I'm really playing the PRS hollow body that I picked up in February a lot. Its got 57/08 pickups with a coil tap, and the sounds are out of this world. It plays really nice with 11s and works great with my amps and pedalboard. Very good purchase decision even though I need another guitar like a hole in the head.

I learned how to play "I will wait" by Mumford and sons recently because my 4 year old son adores them and that tune. I learned it during his afternoon nap. When he woke up, I put on the album and he was dancing. When the song came on, I paused it and said "hold on - check this out", went and got the acoustic and started playing. His face got bright and he smiled the four-year old equivalent of "no {censored}". It was a great daddy moment, for sure.

• Members

GreatDane wrote:

Hey Dave! Good to see you. No new guitars lately. I'm really playing the PRS hollow body that I picked up in February a lot. Its got 57/08 pickups with a coil tap, and the sounds are out of this world. It plays really nice with 11s and works great with my amps and pedalboard. Very good purchase decision even though I need another guitar like a hole in the head.

I learned how to play "I will wait" by Mumford and sons recently because my 4 year old son adores them and that tune. I learned it during his afternoon nap. When he woke up, I put on the album and he was dancing. When the song came on, I paused it and said "hold on - check this out", went and got the acoustic and started playing. His face got bright and he smiled the four-year old equivalent of "no {censored}". It was a great daddy moment, for sure.

i've really grown an appreciation for prs guitars of late... i was never a big fan, but could see myself owning one in the future

great story about the song for your son... being able to play songs your children love is a real treat as a parent i reckon... i've been doing rocked out versions of wiggles tunes for my son recently

• Members

mschafft wrote:

A new band is sharing the rehearsal room. I haven't met them yet but they moved in and already littered the place with empty cans and bottles of beer. Rock'n roll....

nice way for them to start things off

who owns the space?

• Members

I got laid off and the wife got a promotion so it looks like I'll be Daddy Daycare for the foreseeable future. Can't say it's too much of a heartbreak: we can pay the bills and deal with the debt as long as we're frugal (I'll have to curb my GAS big time, though) and I'll get to see my little man grow up. 

One of my biggest joys is playing music for my son.  He gets this massive ear-to-ear grin every time I start playing a song he likes; it's especially adorable because he only has four teeth.  Right now, his favourites are 'Fish Heads' by Barnes & Barnes and 'The Kids Are All Right' by The Who. 

That should mess him up for life. :robotwink:

Other than that, my band got to play a couple of shows for my best friend's 40th birthday party.  His wife had rented an old movie theatre and another good friend had put together a multi-media tribute for him.  It was a talk-show format and my group was the house band.  It came together a lot better than it had any right to.  :robothappy::robottongue:

• Members

Alecto wrote:

I got laid off and the wife got a promotion so it looks like I'll be Daddy Daycare for the foreseeable future. Can't say it's too much of a heartbreak: we can pay the bills and deal with the debt as long as we're frugal (I'll have to curb my GAS big time, though) and I'll get to see my little man grow up. 

One of my biggest joys is playing music for my son.  He gets this massive ear-to-ear grin every time I start playing a song he likes; it's especially adorable because he only has four teeth.  Right now, his favourites are 'Fish Heads' by Barnes & Barnes and 'The Kids Are All Right' by The Who. 

That should mess him up for life. :robotwink:

Other than that, my band got to play a couple of shows for my best friend's 40th birthday party.  His wife had rented an old movie theatre and another good friend had put together a multi-media tribute for him.  It was a talk-show format and my group was the house band.  It came together a lot better than it had any right to.  :robothappy::robottongue:

the b'day party sounds cool... renting an old theatre is a great idea

i'm currently a stay at home dad too... i have a soon to be 3 year old and a 7 month old... they keep me on my toes   :smileyhappy:

one of the big reasons i want to get my studio sorted is so my 3 year old can spend time in there... right now there's just too many leads etc everywhere.. i can't wait to record him singing... he loves it

i think for a child to grow up in a musical household is an awesome thing for them

• Members

The Rover wrote:

I used to have an ASAT just like that except the Tribute wasnt in real big print like that.

yeah i've had this one for ages... it's made in korea... all i've changed is i had a new bone nut installed

it's just a killer guitar

Archived