Ibanez Gio

Woker Man

• Members

in 1998 Ibanez made a p-bass knockoff in the GTR Gio series that i got for $180 new. I'd swear by it. Dropped it a thousand time. Beat the everloving crap out of it as a teenager. It has taken everything I've ever thrown at it, including the bottom of a staircase, and asked for more. I learned to love modding with that guitar. It ain't worth a dime now, but it's one of my favorite axes. +-freakin-1

• Members

I had the GAX-70 as well, and I'll just say that lowbrow must have put the Bigsby on mostly for balance reasons. The stock GAX-70 has horrible neck dive. Beyond that, it wasn't a bad little guitar; I just found better aesthetics, feel and sound in an Epi LP Studio (at three times what I paid for the GAX). If the styling is appropriate (playing a "devil-horn" axe in a praise band might be a bit off-putting) and you don't mind relocating the base strap button (moving it further up on the butt end of the guitar will help balance it more comfortably) then I have nothing further to say against it.

• Members

I had the GAX-70 as well, and I'll just say that lowbrow must have put the Bigsby on mostly for balance reasons...

Quilty!:D

I hate neck dive, but liked everything else about the guitar after a pup change. So, on went the Bigsby and I added a third strap button on the neck plate. No more neck dive. Plus, now it has a Bigsby!

• Members

Quilty!
:D

I
hate
neck dive, but liked everything else about the guitar after a pup change. So, on went the Bigsby and I added a third strap button on the neck plate. No more neck dive. Plus, now it has a Bigsby!

I moved the strap button on my AX125.

Balances perfectly now, and it's built like a tank....

ibanezax125up.jpg

:thu:

• Members

I have the GAX-75 and it's a really good instrument. I've had it for close to 6 years now and I still love to play it. Playability is really good, and it has a sweet tone since I switched the pickups for GFS Retrotron Liverpools.

But it depends on the GIO you get. Some are better than others.

• Members

Nice guitar!

How well does the detuner work?

Could you use it for say, going from D standard to drop C?

Is it adjustable?

Well the detuner worked well for me live going from E to drop D.

Dont see why it shouldn't work as the drop string is tuned separately to the non dropped...open you tune with the tuner, Dropped you tune with the little doohickey on the Dtuna.

sometimes takes a little bit of balancing, but it's a good solid workable thing.

:thu:

• 3 years later...

Archived