No announcement yet.

Guitar with built in effects?!????

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Guitar with built in effects?!????

Anyone own any of those type of guitars?

they have built in #1 Phase,#2 normal-effects,#3 delay, #4 vibrato, #5 wah, #6 chorus, #7 distortion

I'm seeing one on ebay an explorer style.. but i've never seen anything like it before.

but.. i just thought it was neat.. and was curious if anyone currently owns something like it.
    I'm a winner

The only guitars that I know of that come with build't in effects are Corts.To this day my stepbrother is still on the quest for the Explorer of wich you speek.
    Who would win in a wrestling match,Lemmy or God....Trick question Lemmy is God!

Originally Posted by Brocktoon

you sure are an angry hippie.

peace, love, and shut the **************** up, ****************************.

Comment

I think Alesis still makes a guitar with built in effects...couldn't tell you much about it, tho.
      Good deals with - rocket34bg, theweight

Originally Posted by Zachman

I am nice to people here on the forum. What did I say HERE that wasn't nice?

Originally Posted by robeendey

i am dumber now for joining this board. you guys are pretty ill informed on technology of pedals.

Comment

Electra made some

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1563639&highlight=phaser+fuzz

Comment

yes i own a kay with onboard effects

he has, echo, whirlwind (leslie like sound),tremelo, wah and fuzz.
          it's a bolt on lp model with a solid mahogany body, this was the topmodel kay produced in the 70's at that time.

there are also bassguitars around with onboard effects.
          http://www.wietsesguitars.nl

Comment

I had an Alesis X-Guitar a few months ago. It was a nice little Gimmick. Sam Ash had them on sale for $169 on Closeout. The guitar itself had a one piece neck and was solidly built (there was not one visible glue spot or bound piece at all) After about 20 days I just couldn't get past the Cheesiness of it and took it back to buy the Digitech RP-250. I think I made a good choice. The novelty wore off real Quick.
            The neck on that guitar was a real winner though, but not enough to make me keep it.

Comment

never saw the kay, but i just got an alessis x-guitar for $159 from sam ash in nov. 06, really well built, didn't get the wah pedal, but it sounds great & is well made. you plug headphones straight into it, better headphones make a difference. I'm gonna buy a dunlop or vox wah to go with it.

Comment

In the mid 70's...Electra MPC...LP copy with plug in modules...pretty cool
                actually.
                Click here for BEN'S TOWER
                Click here for LUCKY IRISH
                Click here for ROCK HOP
                Click Here for my "Super-Grip" Knobs
                Click Here for my "Super-Speed" Knobs
                Click Here for my 9V, 500ma Regulated Power Supplies
                Click Here for my Custom 10ft IEC Power Cables

"RIGHT YOU ARE KEN !!!"

TIMMMAAAYYY!!!

Soldano HR-100XL+
                Marshall LEAD MOSFET 100W head
                Marshall VS-65R x 2

Comment

• tlbonehead
                  tlbonehead commented
                  Editing a comment

n0fx wrote:
                  actually.

yep, they were fairly popular around here.

• Phil O'Keefe
                  Phil O'Keefe commented
                  Editing a comment

n0fx wrote:
                  actually.

I had a friend in the early 80s who had a double cutaway Electra with onboard effects.

Also, has anyone mentioned the Gibson Firebird X? It is probably the most modern version of the concept. 

Danelectro had some out a few years back:

"The Innuendo ($269) features distortion, chorus, echo, and tremolo built-in, accessible via four buttons on the pickguard. Two knobs are also provided for controlling the distortion and tremolo speed. The Innuendo is available in Blue/Silver Sparkle Burst, Gold Sparkle Burst, and Limo Black. Other hardware features on the Innuendo include a fulcrum tremolo and graphite nut. "
                http://namm.harmony-central.com/SNAMM00/Content/Danelectro/PR/Danoblasters.html

Comment

So of the late model Danelectos, such as the danoblasters, also had built-in effects, I believe.
                  No sig.

Comment

Didnt Fernandes make one with Digitech FX built in?

Nomad?
                    Some stuff

Alc's Trower Jam Take

Alc's Santana Jam Take

Comment

i borrowed an electra as a loaner once while i was having a guitar set up. i quite enjoyed it actually, but found the built-in effects to be pretty unusable. a lot of unwanted noise and very little actual effect. not even subtle, just simply not much there. great neck & decent PUs, though.
                      INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

A Japanese maker called Fresher had built in effects in the 70s, Kawai also had a model with some.
                        it wasn`t me

Comment

The Electras are the ones I've seen before, too. I think GFS makes modules now that you can plop into your control cavity. Personally, I'd rather have a pedal, as I swap effects a lot and rarely like one so much that I keep it forever, but to each their own.
                          Good trades: drivelikejoewho, mfergel, kalvinsdad

Originally Posted by Funkwire

You can't swing a dead cat without hitting a guitar player

Comment

I have a Dano Innuendo and it has built in effects.
                            My References

PMing me about who is in my avatar is creepy, so don't. Don't ask tommythelurker either because he'll PM the mods.

Comment

Working...
                            X