NGD - PRS SE Tremonti Custom for my son

w00dsy

• Members

he's in a mad Tremonti phase at the moment, so he got this. I'd never really played a PRS SE properly, i've only ever taken them down from the rack in shops and had a quick pluck and put them back. I must say each time i've done that they always felt nice but i never actually got around to buying one. So this is my first real experience with an SE and holy {censored} it's such an easy guitar to play. It's got everything about a Les Paul i like and none of the stuff that bothers me. It just doesn't quite have the balls but it's not the arm wrestle that playing an LP can be. It's well balanced when playing sitting down, it doesn't have that sharp edge of the body that an LP does, and the 25" scale is just about the perfect scale for me i think. Every time i've gone to pick up a guitar the last few days i've picked this up(assuming he'd not already playing it) because i don't have to struggle with it like i do some of my others.

I've done my best to abuse the tremolo and make it go out of tune but i just can't. Since we got it on thursday it got tuned up and then hasn't been touched since. I know it's not a USA made PRS with exotic woods etc but this is a seriously nice guitar. The neck is super smooth, unlike the other single cut SE's it has the wide/thin neck from the SE Custom 24 which is a Tremonti trait apparently.  The weirdest thing is the volume and tones are all arse about from an LP, the rear knobs do the rear pickup and the front ones do the front, with volumes on the top and tones on the bottom. I guess technically the LP's have it all arse about but it's what i'm used too. 

One small little thing which is a nice attention to detail, is they took the corners off the nut so when playing at the first fret you don't hit that edge. It's the only guitar i own where they have done that, and one of my biggest beefs with a locking nut.  

k3bs9S3.jpg?15oBsIwF.jpg?1jMzM10K.jpg?1

Archived