Sticky Jam #1

Frets99

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I wasn't sure about playing without drums but it worked ok...nice rhthym timing on the guitar backing track. This was a oddball thing of working out little themes at the start then just getting lazy and wanking :D ...I was shooting for David Lindleys pedal steel tone on Runnin' on Empty, that's good stuff. I may go back and make that part more coherant in spots cuz the tone is cool

https://soundcloud.com/noizeystuff/hc3-lil-themes-n-jam

• Members

Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been back sooner, but my fridge died (again - grrr!), and then there was other flotsam and jetsam to take up my time

BydoEmpire and nuke\_diver: thank you both for listening and commenting. I probably should have said in my initial post that I'm not a guitar player, so no, it wasn't an ebow. I am an old saxophone player, and what I was playing was an Akai EWIUSB. EWI stands for Electronic Wind Instrument, and this particular model has a USB port and interfaces with a computer. The EWI is a MIDI wind controller that you play much like a horn. I was using it to control the KORG M1 Legacy VST.

EWIUSB

Thanks for letting me jam with you guys. Lotsa fun!

• Members

Awesome, though I definitely felt like I had accidentally ingested something at the beginning! 

genesis3 wrote:

I wasn't sure about playing without drums but it worked ok...nice rhthym timing on the guitar backing track. This was a oddball thing of working out little themes at the start then just getting lazy and wanking
:D
...I was shooting for David Lindleys pedal steel tone on Runnin' on Empty, that's good stuff. I may go back and make that part more coherant in spots cuz the tone is cool

• 2 weeks later...

Archived