NGD - After 40 years, my 1st Tele... sort of.

Roy

• Members

I recently let a friend stay at my house for a few months and in appreciation, he gave me this...mandotele.JPG

It says handmade on the headstock. Googled Cozart and found a lot of reviews that say it's junk but I disagree. The pups and hardware are decent and the wood is without flaw. The guitar neck a little chunky for my taste but nothing I can't live with. The intonation is out on the mandolin side but I haven't loosened the strings to see if the bridge is attached or not so I don't know if I can angle it a little. I have no idea how to play a mandolin but it sure is fun learning. I gave my friend a Squier strat (the red burst guitar center aniversary one with the mint PG) in return.

• Members

Oh yeah, one more thing. It has a 5 way switch on it. Position 1 is mandolin only, 2 is mando/neck pup and the last three are standard tele switching. Problem is... in position 2, the neck pup sounds nowhere near as good as position 3 which is only the neck pup. Gonna have to look inside to figure that one out.

• Members

Roy wrote:

I recently let a friend stay at my house for a few months and in appreciation, he gave me this...
mandotele.JPG

It says handmade on the headstock. Googled Cozart and found a lot of reviews that say it's junk but I disagree. The pups and hardware are decent and the wood is without flaw. The guitar neck a little chunky for my taste but nothing I can't live with. The intonation is out on the mandolin side but I haven't loosened the strings to see if the bridge is attached or not so I don't know if I can angle it a little. I have no idea how to play a mandolin but it sure is fun learning. I gave my friend a Squier strat (the red burst guitar center aniversary one with the mint PG) in return.

well, that's not something you see everyday.  i really dig it, and would play the heck out of both necks (i dabble a fair bit in mandolin as well).  enjoy and congratulations!

• Members

Happy New Old Guitar Day!  I'd rock the hell out of that instrument if I had the chance; it looks like a lot of fun.  May you have many happy years together. :robothappy:

I remember crushing on Jennifer Connelly when I saw her in Labyrinth.  That's going back a ways! :robottongue:

Jennifer Connelly

Archived