Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

NGD - After 40 years, my 1st Tele... sort of.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - After 40 years, my 1st Tele... sort of.

I recently let a friend stay at my house for a few months and in appreciation, he gave me this...mandotele.JPG

It says handmade on the headstock. Googled Cozart and found a lot of reviews that say it's junk but I disagree. The pups and hardware are decent and the wood is without flaw. The guitar neck a little chunky for my taste but nothing I can't live with. The intonation is out on the mandolin side but I haven't loosened the strings to see if the bridge is attached or not so I don't know if I can angle it a little. I have no idea how to play a mandolin but it sure is fun learning. I gave my friend a Squier strat (the red burst guitar center aniversary one with the mint PG) in return.

Attached Files
    Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Looks cool. Happy NGD!
    Information is not knowledge
    Knowledge is not wisdom
    Wisdom is not truth
    Truth is not beauty
    Beauty is not love
    Love is not music.
    Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Oh yeah, one more thing. It has a 5 way switch on it. Position 1 is mandolin only, 2 is mando/neck pup and the last three are standard tele switching. Problem is... in position 2, the neck pup sounds nowhere near as good as position 3 which is only the neck pup. Gonna have to look inside to figure that one out.
      Originally Posted by Puckman

I'd have to put "Goo" in there first, personally.

Comment

• larry50
        larry50 commented
        Editing a comment

Love it.  

Roy wrote:

I recently let a friend stay at my house for a few months and in appreciation, he gave me this...mandotele.JPG

It says handmade on the headstock. Googled Cozart and found a lot of reviews that say it's junk but I disagree. The pups and hardware are decent and the wood is without flaw. The guitar neck a little chunky for my taste but nothing I can't live with. The intonation is out on the mandolin side but I haven't loosened the strings to see if the bridge is attached or not so I don't know if I can angle it a little. I have no idea how to play a mandolin but it sure is fun learning. I gave my friend a Squier strat (the red burst guitar center aniversary one with the mint PG) in return.

well, that's not something you see everyday.  i really dig it, and would play the heck out of both necks (i dabble a fair bit in mandolin as well).  enjoy and congratulations!

Attached Files
      INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

Nice to see I'm not the only one who misses the "vintage" Jennifer Connelly ...

Comment

• Mad Tele
        Mad Tele commented
        Editing a comment

JRicoC wrote:

Nice to see I'm not the only one who misses the "vintage" Jennifer Connelly ...

she looked great in HULK. great enough to hulk smash

Happy New Old Guitar Day!  I'd rock the hell out of that instrument if I had the chance; it looks like a lot of fun.  May you have many happy years together. :robothappy:

I remember crushing on Jennifer Connelly when I saw her in Labyrinth.  That's going back a ways! :robottongue:

Jennifer Connelly

Attached Files
      Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

very cool mate... i dig it a lot

Comment

Bastard, you let the guy stay, put yourself out for him and he repays you like that.

Some people eh.png" alt=":smileymad:" title="Smiley Mad" />

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

• Roy
            Roy commented
            Editing a comment

Yeah, he even cleaned my drum kit for me. What a jerk.

Working...
        X