the "I didnt know that was...." thread

Mad Tele

• Members

I didnt know that was Pete Townshend singing backup vocals with Mick on 'Slave'

btw not this version, I posted this becasue its a cool extended version and you can hear what Keef is doing during the chorus which previously I couldnt. Also, Jeff beck played originally on this track but they left his part on the cutting floor. 

• Members

I just learned recently (if Wikipedia is to be believed) that the first solo on Don Henley's, Dirty Laundry was done by Joe Walsh (Steve Lukather plays the second solo).

I was surprised because it really didn't sound like Joe to me. Not that there's anything wrong with the solo, it just wasn't something I associated with Joe.

• Members

For a while, I didn't know that McCartney played the Taxman solo.

This is a really dumb one, but I didn't know that AC/DC had two guitarists for quite a while. Granted, I didn't listen to them during this stretch of ignorance, but still.

• Members

kayd_mon wrote:

For a while, I didn't know that McCartney played the Taxman solo.

This is a really dumb one, but I didn't know that AC/DC had two guitarists for quite a while. Granted, I didn't listen to them during this stretch of ignorance, but still.

Back in the day I had no idea McCartney played ANY solos. Clapton's contribution to "While My Guitar Gently Weeps" was a surprise after I found out years later, although I thought at the time "Wow, George really improved!"

• Members

My big one was discovering the tasty pedal steel on CSN's "Teach Your Children" -- which for a long time I figured was done by a hired gun from Tennessee -- was played by none other than Jerry Garcia. That really opened my eyes about Garcia's playing.

• Members

noisebloom wrote:

My big one was discovering the tasty pedal steel on CSN's "Teach Your Children" -- which for a long time I figured was done by a hired gun from Tennessee -- was played by none other than Jerry Garcia. That really opened my eyes about Garcia's playing.

indeed.  his only good song. :smileylol:

Archived