Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Anyone else love the new 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone else love the new 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard?

I bought in desert burst. This thing has the best flames I have ever seen on a Gibson. I ordered on Sweetwater, and there has many to view, but THIS one has way better flames than any others. SO lucky I got it.

I LOVE the new compound radius fretboard. comfy on top for chording, and flattens out big time at end of the neck, making bends like butter.

Also not as dark as some other pauls I have had, more clarity. The coil split I dont care for, it wont match a strat anyways. I LOVE the out of phase switch. Brian May mode for me!

Locking tuners are awesome and so much easier and faster to put new strings on. 

The ONLY thing that worries me is the laminated rosewood I read about. Is this way overblown, or would a refret in the future destroy the board? 

they've changed them slightly for this year i believe. Because the 2012 Standard had such nice flame they had trouble sourcing enough material for them, so now the 2013 Standard will be less flamey and slightly cheaper, and i think there is a Standard Plus or something that will have the really nice flame top like the original 2012's. 

Comment

Not yet

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

Don't have a Standard, though I wish I did! Pics?
        <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• chipwich
          chipwich commented
          Editing a comment

I don't have a Standard, but absolutely love my 2012 Traditional Gold Top that I bought from Sweetwater in December.  Other than fantastic playability, the back and sides have a little darker finish than usual, which has some really amazing wood grain.  Like it so much that I sent my salesperson a note of thanks, which is a first.  

I have not played one yet, I really like the specs and features of them. I think Gibson did a good job of putting new and old technology together without being "gimmicky".

<div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="DarkRed">***********Please check out my music:<br />
        <a href="http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=789610" target="_blank">http://www.soundclick.com/bands/defa...?bandID=789610</a></font></div>

Comment

• Flatspotter
          Flatspotter commented
          Editing a comment
          Pics or it's a 2011.

Working...
      X