Most recognisable guitar n bass combo

• Members

Instantly recognizable?  hmmmmmm....

There are the obvious choices like Page/Jones and Townsend/Entwistle, but I'd have to say if those guys were (today) just jamming in some rehearsal room and you couldn't see them...I don't think they'd be the most recognizable.

Geddy and Alex are a nice choice, but I think I can do better....

Maybe Sting and Andy Summers?

• Members

Never would have guessed that!

Not to say they weren't a good combo, as everyone mentioned here is, but for recognizable playing styles? I voted Townshend and Entwistle because they both had extremely recognizable tones and styles, enough so that you probably could guess them from a blind test.

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Hmmm, some interesting answers, although as yet, no one has hit on the one I had in mind aftre watching a documentary last week..........although at the time I did think "bollocks".

I'll let y'all in when Fretsy's been in

Ahhhhhh....I see the "bodies" you're talking about....lol....

edit...oh wait...I think I was over analyzing...

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Much as I love John Taylor also, catch his assertion at 51:11
:smileyhappy:

Wow... escaped me for a bit because I kind of treat Nile and Bernard as local folks made good. But I have to say I agree. That was the tightesd, most recognizable groove combo ever. Well done, Sean!

• Members

Awe, isn't it precious how everyone in this thread is trying to sound so important and knowlegeable, keep mentioning over and over musicians, some of them relatively unknown by the masses, and keep dismissing the obvious and undisputed choices from music history, just so they might have something hip and cool to say. "Look at me! Look at me! I'm so cool, I'm so hip. I dismiss your convention and I embrace these... these (other guys) because Im so much cooler than you!"

Well. All of y'all morons only sound cool to the other morons in your head. Everyone else thinks y'all is idiots.

Y'all some dumb mofos.

• Members

Why don't you just let people enjoy themselves in this thread, and you can go post your own thread which I'm sure will be intellectually superior in both form and content to his one. Perhaps you'll only attract those forumites who reach your very high standards, and you won't be forced to read any more ego-bolstering drivel from music fans.

• Moderators

DaveAronow wrote:

Awe, isn't it precious how everyone in this thread is trying to sound so important and knowlegeable, keep mentioning over and over musicians, some of them relatively unknown by the masses, and keep dismissing the obvious and undisputed choices from music history, just so they might have something hip and cool to say. "Look at me! Look at me! I'm so cool, I'm so hip. I dismiss your convention and I embrace these... these (other guys) because Im so much cooler than you!"

Well. All of y'all morons only sound cool to the other morons in your head. Everyone else thinks y'all is idiots.

Y'all some dumb mofos.

Steady on Dave, s'just a bit of fun....I do believe a certain Texan from these parts would mention sandy vaginas at this point.

Chill bro:)

• Members

I am chill, mostly joking. Just busting balls. I don't say things like "yall is idiots" when I'm serious.

You did see my entry of Jughead and Archie right?

Still, there is always a little truth in humor.

There are musicians mentioned in the thread tgat I've never even heard of before. I would expect someone so recognisable as a musician that you can tell who they are to at the very least be a household name.

I guess some people are reading your question as who is the most instantly recognisable to your specific ears, whereas I would read it more as most recognisable to the masses.

On a sheer volume scale, I don't really see how Geddy Lee and Alex Lifeson can be beaten.

So, mostly, my humor, which y'all interpreted as a rant, was mostly just an excuse for me to use the word "adorable".

Archived