X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good trade?

I've had a guy offer a Big Apple Strat (American, late 90's) in trade for my Epi '56 Gold Top.  Now, I have not seen the actual guitar yet...but is there anything about this Strat that I should know?  I know the specs for this model...just didn't know if there was anything problematic about them?

Seems like a no-brainer if it's in good shape....

My Gear:
    2008 Fender American Standard Telecaster
    1998 Squire MIM Stratocaster
    Takamine acoustic
    Fender P-Bass

IMO, this Strat came from a group of awesome Strats of that era (Big Apple, Roadhouse, and Lonestar). If you like the idea of a dual humbucker Strat, then you will likely be very pleased with it. However, the values of the guitars in question don't line up. Either there's something wrong with his guitar, or he just really wants an Epi Goldtop and has no cash. Also, he might show up for the trade and say you need to pay him the difference.

Monetarily speaking, the trade is good for you. Personally, I'd probably play the LP more, and unless I was looking to flip the Fender, I'd not be inclined to trade.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• Sheraton
      Sheraton commented
      Editing a comment

This ^^^^

I've played a couple BA Strats and loved them.  Like a Blacktop with much better pickups, fit and finish.  I recently tried to trade a Gibson 50's LP Tribute for one and the deal didn't work out.  He's offering a $600+ guitar for one worth $350.  Great deal if it's legit but proceed cautiously.     

The cynic in me would say that the truss rod is shot or the neck is warped slightly. Check it out extensively and good luck!
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

Working...
    X