Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phase 1 complete. Have I gone insane?

So at this point i have registered the LLC, written out the business plan and found a solid business partner.

-Kit

Woah! Awesome, man! I truly wish you the best of luck.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

Best of luck with your business venture! Keep us posted!
      Information is not knowledge
      Knowledge is not wisdom
      Wisdom is not truth
      Truth is not beauty
      Beauty is not love
      Love is not music.
      Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

• 6down1togo
        6down1togo commented
        Editing a comment

I've bought and sold so many guitars over the last coiuple years, sometimes I think I am a dealer.

Good luck on your venture. What is your business plan?

Crazy... what do you plan on carrying for stock? Hit me up. If I can help, I will. Best of luck! Things are still tough out there. So go into this eyes wide open.
      INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

Comment

• kit_strong
        kit_strong commented
        Editing a comment

GreatDane wrote:
        Crazy... what do you plan on carrying for stock? Hit me up. If I can help, I will. Best of luck! Things are still tough out there. So go into this eyes wide open.

Between Bill's Music, Guitar Center, and Washinton Music Center all the main stream stuff is covered in spades so I'm going to be focusing on the growing popularity of the other guys.  Your Reverend, Fano, Hanson, etc... 

I don't want to reveal too much just yet and jynx it but I  do have a couple of good hooks to help get things off the ground.  

Part of the plan involves buying and rennovating the building I'll be setting up in so right now the next big hurdle is getting the loan secured but things look promising on that end.

Best of luck.

Official HCAG “Theory-Challenged Hack”
      Member of the IBANEZ ACOUSTIC ASSASSINS
      Proud Member of The Alvarez Alliance
      Person-2-Person on the Web

Comment

best of luck

my advice... don't use this place as a yardstick... it's not the consumer norm

Comment

• Sparky Coldfire
          Sparky Coldfire commented
          Editing a comment

Wow, this is exciting.  Kind of like setting out on an adventure.  I wish you the the best of luck.

I really admire your bravery to start a shop. It seems like small guitar shops are falling off the face of the earth, at least in the part of Houston I live in. I think it's awesome that you want to stock lesser known brands, but you definitely need some staples in there. However, I've heard it can be a bitch to stock Gibson. The little shop that used to be in my neighborhood couldn't afford Gibsons because Gibson was pretty picky on how their dealers operate. Gibson required them to stock an unreasonable amount of guitars for a small shop, and to display them in a very particular way.
        I think small guitar shops are really important, they really help get kids into playing guitar and appreciating good music. When I was a kid the little shop by my house was my favorite place in the whole world. It was a place I could really fit in and have a productive interest in, and it also kept me out of a lot of trouble. I learned so much from the owner there, about guitars and sometimes just how to be cool lol.
        Best of luck to your business, I wish I could stop by and check out the shop, I'm sure I'd be leaving with a brand new Hanson.
        '52 Telecaster Reissue -> Big Muff -> Kalamazoo -> Blues Driver -> Micro Vibe -> Memory Man with Hazarai -> DL4 -> Pitchblack Tuner -> Fender Super Six

Comment

You have to have a brick-and-mortar store open (and successful) for a year in order to apply to stock Fender. I know this from asking them. I once had a great idea to sell Fenders and Partscasters online, thinking I could get stock from Fender. Nope. SuperSix is right, as far as Gibson goes. My local Sam Ash had to stop carrying Gibson for a good while due to their ridiculous rules for carrying their stock.
          Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Tone Deaf
            Tone Deaf commented
            Editing a comment

Best of luck!

Working...
        X