Any experience with the new Sony Wireless systems?

steve_man

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Yeah i am also very interested.. I know people are stoaked with line 6 but i think it's becouse they were the first in the market but not necesseraly the best.. Even though it was a WTF for me when sony entered guitar world but i kind of trust them more on digital systems and heard nothing but the best reviews on this unit and i even read that people traded g90s for sony becouse of its reliability and no blackouts whtsoever. Blackouts occured in a lot of line 6 units so next week i will get the sony dwz and post a review first hand.. Hey luck is on the side of the brave so i hope i score with a cheap, awsome and reliable sony unit:-)

• Members

Check your frequencies!

My buddy loved his Line 6 wireless.  It was noise free & reliable.  Problem is, it was on the same frequency as his home wireless router.  So every time he turned it on, his home wiress internet would shut down.  needless to say, its gone.

There are also VHF and UHF systems available.  Just make sure that upi choose a freq. that the local TV stations in your area (that share those same freqs)  do NOT use.

• Members

Well i don't have any experience with line 6 units but i am about to buy a wireless.. I am torn between sony and g50. My post above is based only on my research on both units and i am leaning towards sony.. They are all awsome and i believe none of them are crap or unreliable. Faulty unit can allways be returned.

I`m gonna go with sony and write a review cuz i`m interested in it. I can return it and get g50 if it`s gonna suck..

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

We ended up buying the Line 6 G50.  I cannot say it enough...this thing is AWESOME!  Killer tone, great clarity, and ZERO drop-outs/issues.  Got a great deal on it from a local shop.

The big issue that people seem to be complaining about regarding the Sony unit, is with the guitar cable portion.  If that cable goes out, it (at least for the time being) seems that it's virtually impossible to get a replacement...even from Sony.  I love Sony...just need to get their supply chain sorted.  Meanwhile, the G50 is amazing!

Archived