Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Cool Trick with Rick-O-Sound Jack

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cool Trick with Rick-O-Sound Jack

I plugged my stereo Y cable into my Rick 360/6 and 620/6 and ran the bass pickup into the Normal Channel on my Vox AC30TBX. The bridge pickup went into the Top Boost Channel. I blended the two together (Vox tone and volume controls are very interactive) until I got a mix that I liked and recorded a clip of each guitar. Let me know how you like the tone.

This is all about clean tone, by the way, so each channel volume on the amp was set to around 3. I used a pair of mics--both AKG condensors; one close and the other about 10" back, both slightly off axis. I used a Tascam iU2 interface going into Auria on my iPad and added some reverb and slight compression, but the EQ is straight from the guitar and amp.

The 360 semi hollow with scatterwound toasters is first, then the 620 all maple solid with Hi Gains.

https://soundcloud.com/jeff-bauer/rick-o-sound

rick360\_6.jpg

rick620.jpg

Attached Files

I'll have to check this out later, since I'm at work, but I must say I always appreciate your tinkering and interesting threads.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><b>Guitars:</b> 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)<br><br><br><br><b>Pedal Chain:</b> BBE Green Screamer -&gt; MXR Distortion III -&gt; Boss CE-5 -&gt; EH Stereo Pulsar -&gt; Boss DD-20 -&gt; BBE Boosta Grande<br><br><br><br><b>Amps:</b> Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5<br><br><br><br><a target="_blank" href="http://soundcloud.com/andrewalderman">SoundCloud</a></div>

Comment

• docjeffrey
      docjeffrey commented
      Editing a comment
      You Rickenbacker folks really should try this. Get an instrument cable with a stereo phono plug on one end and two split mono cables with mono plugs on the other (y cable). Plug the stereo end into your Rick-O-Sound jack and the two cables into separate channels of a 2 channel amp like an AC 30. Turn the treble way up on the bridge pickup and blend in the neck pickup until you have a very hi-fi sounding tone.

You can hear the differences between the scatter wound toasters and the hi gains very clearly in this clip!

Incredible tone! I think I liked teh 620 better too, and always thought I was a toaaster guy (haven't had a Rick in years, thanks for the GAS!). Nice job!

href="http://www.soundclick.com/members/default.cfm?member=richey+lather" Good deals with: Mister Zero, homestar_kevin, Nomad000, ed_sped2, Jim Hunter, D34dBaWx, Vidiot72, ny300percentcom, bluedevil0204, PumpkinPieces, Silverring233, darkmonohue, diceman1000, sethseth, boonestunes, Shauggy, echobaseone, firebrand, Macelind, BloodBros, michaellambson, SunofNothing, jdpkeeper, sameoldbluesman, Shamdog, WBigsby, Mike Fiasco, Greystoke</div>

Comment

Working...
    X