Will Phantom Power damage my pedalboard?

kiriako

• Members

hi everyone...  

so, here is my setup.   After all my pedals, my signal goes into an A/B switch. 'A' goes to my amp, and 'B' goes to my RC-30 Phrase Looper, where I also have my Keyboard and vocal mic also feeding in.

All the audio from the Looper is being fed to the P.A. system. It is being run out of the LEFT and RIGHT 1/4" jacks, converted to XLR into a ART Xdirect box (to attenuate the volume cause its really hot).  then XLR out from there to the P.A. Stystem.

My concern is that phantom power from the P.A. system could damage my pedals.  At my rehearsal space we are not running phantom power through our P.A. system, but if I bring this setup to a gig and run it through the house audio,  I have no control if they will run Phantom power.

The ART Xdirect has a ground lift, and I thought that was gonna be answer for this problem, but when I press the ground lift I get a nasty static buzz

• Members

The phantom power will only go as far as your direct boxes and not all the way to your pedals.

The ground lift switch is used to eliminate the buzz caused by ground loops such as you may find in the situation you described in the OP so, if it's noisy, set the switch the other way.

• Members

onelife wrote:

The phantom power will only go as far as your direct boxes and not all the way to your pedals.

The ground lift switch is used to eliminate
the buzz caused by 
ground loops such as you may find in the situation you described in the OP
so, if it's noisy, set the switch the other way

I didn't know that. Thanks for the info.

Archived