Collapse
No announcement yet.

Best UFO album with Schenker?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd go with No Heavy Petting, at least today. I can't believe how many are copping out and going with Strangers In The Night. It's obviously stellar, but it's not a studio album. I also don't get the argument that they were generic. Sure, they had filler, sometimes a lot; but every album had at least a handful of fantastic songs on it. Also, Paul Chapman is every bit as good as Schenker, and I'm saying that as someone who has been Obsessed with Schenker's playing for a long time.

Apparently you and I are about the only ones who agree that a live album can't be a band's best album because the hardest part of making a record, writing good songs, has already been done. And No Place To Run and Wild, Willing and Innocent definitely rank up there with the Schenker stuff. The solos in Lettin Go, Anyday, Profession of Violence etc... are stellar...

Comment

Gorgeous. Just absolutely beautiful. Don't see how anybody couldn't appreciate this...

Comment

All the UFO/Schenker stuff is fine BUT "Lights out" was the peak . It has much better production than the early stuff and Obssession started going soft. Strangers in the night is a great live album.

Comment

All the UFO/Schenker stuff is fine BUT "Lights out" was the peak . It has much better production than the early stuff and Obssession started going soft. Strangers in the night is a great live album.

Production was certainly the primary problem with all the studio releases. The label just didn't care or want to invest in them. With the right push they could have been global. But I've got to totally disagree about Obsession going soft..

Comment

Mav64, are you in Petaluma? Most of my hearing loss occurred there compliments of Y&T.
            Originally Posted by wedgehed II

Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.

Comment

• Mav64
              Mav64 commented
              Editing a comment

axegrinder wrote:
              Mav64, are you in Petaluma? Most of my hearing loss occurred there compliments of Y&T.

Yes indeedy do I am and I have probably lost a fair bit of hearing due to Y & T as well!  If you've got to lose it though then that' s a fine way to go!

Definitely ''Obsession''. I always adored ''Born to Lose''. One of the best ballads ever written. I also like ''Lights Out'' and ''Force It''.

Comment

For me; Strangers in the Night

Straight-Jacket memories, and Sedative highs... the Good Old Days.

Comment

Voting strangers is a cop out. But its also the best album.
                I agree with eddie trunk, ufo was the most underrated band inclassic rock. They should always be listed with zep, who andand sabbath.

Comment

Working...
                X