Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse

Announcement

Harmony Central has “soft launched” our new mobile experience this past week. While we have done extensive testing, we know that with a community as large as HC that there will be items that surface that will still need to be addressed. We are asking that you utilize the thread belowto report any challenges you may encounter. Here are the things we request you provide: A brief description of the issue, the device and operating system version you were using, the browser and version, screen resolution, and a screen shot of the display.
Thanks for your patience as we work towards the best experience we can provide to our community.

http://www.harmonycentral.com/forum/...ablet-feedback
See more
See less

Best UFO album with Schenker?

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse









X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Best UFO album with Schenker?

    So i have literally worn out the album Phenomenon by UFO over the last two years. I think there is some amazing songs on there.

    This album single handedly has kick started my interest in classic rock again (grew up on Zeppelin, Stones, etc.) but after years of being into stuff like Soundgarden and Alice in Chains this album made me realize there was more to that era of music than just Zeppelin, Sabbath, and Purple.

    I have the entire UFO discography and have been listening to a lot of stuff but not in any order. I was wondering outside of Phenomenon what albums should i REALLY listen to from these guys that are just as good if not better? Being 25 i just don't have a point of reference for the band, all i know is that they have broken up and re-untied with Schenker and have had multiple lineup changes over the years.

    Not sure what the 'classic' UFO era is. Although i do hear Vinnie Moore is a great player.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Originally posted by fu2jobu<br><br><br><br>&quot;1999 was all about me wanting to find Lou Bega and giving him a few good bitch slaps. &quot;<br></div><br><br>FS/FT - LTD Mirage guitar with EMG pickups. (MIJ)<br><br>http://www.harmonycentral.com/t5/Electric-Guitars/FS-FT-LTD-Mirage-guitar-emg-pickups/m-p/36167161/highlight/false#M290782<br>

  • #2
    why no poll?

    i'd say lights out.
    <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=43592482#post43592482" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I love you.</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=44170751#post44170751" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I STILL love you!</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote">
    <div class="quote_container">
    <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

    <div class="bbcode_postedby">
    <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>CountGrishnackh</strong>
    <a href="showthread.php?p=45906887#post45906887" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
    </div>
    <div class="message">I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!</div>

    </div>
    </div>
    </div> <a href="https://www.reverbnation.com/traverserofficial" target="_blank">Official Traverser Reverbnation</a><br />
    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/bradandjesse?feature=mhee" target="_blank">Youtube</a> <br />
    <a href="http://soundcloud.com/brad-williamson-4" target="_blank">Soundcloud</a></div>

    Comment


    • #3
      Strangers in the Night









      (Lonesome Crow, honorable mention)

      Comment


      • #4
        No Heavy Petting
        <div class="signaturecontainer">Harold Horatio Heckuba (Triple H)</div>

        Comment


        • #5
          What is UFO?

          Comment


          • #6


            What is UFO?

            Comment


            • #7
              For me personally Strangers in the Night isn't compared to other UFO albums as much as it's compared to all live rock albums in history.
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote">
              <div class="quote_container">
              <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

              <div class="bbcode_postedby">
              <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>wedgehed II</strong>
              <a href="showthread.php?p=35117378#post35117378" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
              </div>
              <div class="message">Instead of searching for intelligent life in the universe, NASA should send a probe to this thread.</div>

              </div>
              </div>
              </div> </div>

              Comment


              • #8
                I dunno man, that doesn't do anything for me. It sounds very generic. The best part for me was the little organ bit at the beginning.

                Comment


                • #9
                  For me personally Strangers in the Night isn't compared to other UFO albums as much as it's compared to all live rock albums in history.


                  this man speaks the truth
                  <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=43592482#post43592482" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">I love you.</div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Yarbicus</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=44170751#post44170751" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">I STILL love you!</div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote">
                  <div class="quote_container">
                  <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                  <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                  <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>CountGrishnackh</strong>
                  <a href="showthread.php?p=45906887#post45906887" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                  </div>
                  <div class="message">I know that bag. I know it well. Liquor store pron. He ain't dead yet!</div>

                  </div>
                  </div>
                  </div> <a href="https://www.reverbnation.com/traverserofficial" target="_blank">Official Traverser Reverbnation</a><br />
                  <a href="http://www.youtube.com/user/bradandjesse?feature=mhee" target="_blank">Youtube</a> <br />
                  <a href="http://soundcloud.com/brad-williamson-4" target="_blank">Soundcloud</a></div>

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Saw them live 8 times in the late 70's to 80's !!!! One of my favorite bands !!! I actually like all their stuff !!! But if I was on a "Stranded Island" , and only one LP, then Strangers in the Night (though its a double live). I wish these young bands would play stuff like this !!!
                    <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
                    and Guitars</div>

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      "Strangers in the night" is one of the best live albums of all time. No question. My favourite studio UFO album with Schenker is "Lights Out", but my favourite UFO album overall is "The Wild, The Willing and the Innocent"..just a superb album with no filler at all, and Paul Chapman plays really well on it.
                      <div class="signaturecontainer"><div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Jimmy James</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=41708443#post41708443" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message">You're the British SAS of Metal.</div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>Phlat Phive</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=31940270#post31940270" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message">You're a man of refined taste and strong opinions.</div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> <div class="bbcode_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote">
                      <div class="quote_container">
                      <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                      <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                      <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>goodusername</strong>
                      <a href="showthread.php?p=42193677#post42193677" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                      </div>
                      <div class="message"><br />
                      Mosiddiqi is a prick, btw. <img src="http://img3.harmony-central.com/acapella/ubb/redface.gif" border="0" alt="" title="Embarrassment" class="inlineimg" /></div>

                      </div>
                      </div>
                      </div> Some Tunes:<br />
                      <br />
                      <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/zbo8hrncu2</a><br />
                      <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/dnlnkn3g44</a><br />
                      <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi" target="_blank">http://www.box.net/shared/th4tv5noyi</a><br />
                      <a href="http://www.box.net/shared/2yasm139d3" target="_blank"><br />
                      </a></div>

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I dunno man, that doesn't do anything for me. It sounds very generic. The best part for me was the little organ bit at the beginning.


                        It might sound 'generic' if you are 17-23...and if you know SFA.

                        Strangers In The Night as well.
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><b><font size="3">President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right</font></b></font><br />
                        <font color="Red"><b><font size="1">Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong</font></b></font><br />
                        <div class="bbcode_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote">
                        <div class="quote_container">
                        <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                        <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                        <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>StankNasty</strong>
                        <a href="showthread.php?p=45709316#post45709316" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                        </div>
                        <div class="message">the dream isn't in your parents' basement</div>

                        </div>
                        </div>
                        </div> </div>

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          I dunno man, that doesn't do anything for me. It sounds very generic. The best part for me was the little organ bit at the beginning.


                          Man, watch the end of the "Lights Out" video above. Listen to the song and the leads this man plays. Very articulate, and they just fit the song. Not this look at me shred **************** you see alot of lead guys do today.
                          <div class="signaturecontainer">I like Z Cars<br />
                          and Guitars</div>

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Man, watch the end of the "Lights Out" video above. Listen to the song and the leads this man plays. Very articulate, and they just fit the song. Not this look at me shred **************** you see alot of lead guys do today.


                            Cheers sir.
                            <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Red"><b><font size="3">President and CEO of The Foundation Of Right</font></b></font><br />
                            <font color="Red"><b><font size="1">Also President and CEO of The Foundation Of Wrong</font></b></font><br />
                            <div class="bbcode_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote">
                            <div class="quote_container">
                            <div class="bbcode_quote_container"></div>

                            <div class="bbcode_postedby">
                            <img src="images/misc/quote_icon.png" alt="Quote" /> Originally Posted by <strong>StankNasty</strong>
                            <a href="showthread.php?p=45709316#post45709316" rel="nofollow"><img class="inlineimg" src="images/buttons/viewpost-right.png" alt="View Post" /></a>
                            </div>
                            <div class="message">the dream isn't in your parents' basement</div>

                            </div>
                            </div>
                            </div> </div>

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              I've never understood the fascination and acclaim that UFO seems to invoke as of late. Some decent players, One well above average guitar player, and not one song I would call great, and only a handful I would even call good, and most I would not go out of my way to even listen to and even more than that, that I would change the channel on. I am very familiar with UFO. Started Covering their stuff in bars as early as 1980. Even back then, I considered them an ok band at best and never understood the fascination that some of my bandmates and musician friends seemed to have with them. Yes, it always seemed to me that musicians were the ONLY people I have ever known, then or now, that even knew who they were, much less liked them.

                              PLEASE don't take offense to this post, I mean no disrespect.

                              I've never seen them as anything more than average as a band as a while, and wonder what others see as being so great with them?
                              I really am curious to know?

                              I do think they have a cool name though.

                              "You people keep on raining. I'll still be the parade." - Diamond Dave.



                              TO HEAR MY COUNTRY BAND: ADRIAN RAY, click THIS or this


                              Official endorsee of:Breedlove Guitars

                              http://www.ghsstrings.com

                              http://www.rocktron.com

                              http://www.monsterenergy.com/

                              Myspace.com-Dave Aronow

                              Comment


                              • JimmyJ
                                JimmyJ commented
                                Editing a comment

                                I wouldn't mind mentioning the post-Schenker albums as well. There are some great songs on most of them. I love ''Take It Or Leave It''.


                              • JimmyJ
                                JimmyJ commented
                                Editing a comment

                                Tracks from Misdemeanor etc.


                              • JimmyJ
                                JimmyJ commented
                                Editing a comment

                                DaveAronow wrote:
                                I've never understood the fascination and acclaim that UFO seems to invoke as of late. Some decent players, One well above average guitar player, and not one song I would call great, and only a handful I would even call good, and most I would not go out of my way to even listen to and even more than that, that I would change the channel on. I am very familiar with UFO. Started Covering their stuff in bars as early as 1980. Even back then, I considered them an ok band at best and never understood the fascination that some of my bandmates and musician friends seemed to have with them. Yes, it always seemed to me that musicians were the ONLY people I have ever known, then or now, that even knew who they were, much less liked them. PLEASE don't take offense to this post, I mean no disrespect. I've never seen them as anything more than average as a band as a while, and wonder what others see as being so great with them? I really am curious to know? I do think they have a cool name though.

                                Dude, sorry for barging in so late, but, seriously, your post cannot be taken in a different way than offensive. UFO are an already underrated band and you come around here to make them way more underrated. If you don't like them, it means that you can't admire the melodic songs they were producing and maybe you prefer overrated stuff just like most of the people that never took the time to understand this band's music quality. I'm sorry if I get intense, but, why were you even covering their songs if you didn't like them. That is too odd. And, damn, above average guitar player ?! Not even one song you would call great !? At least they were spending their time making some power ballads as well, they were and are one the best bands to watch live even after 40 years and Michael Schenker stood out by far, out of any other hard rock guitarist of that era. You must be deaf if you consider them just an average band. Sorry..



                            Working...
                            X