Yamaha SG Gallery

bodezeffas

• Members

Some folks asked for some nice pictures of my Yamaha SG guitars. Well here they are:

YAMAHA SG1996 Limited Edition - 3Oth Anniversary - 1996

* Made in Japan prior to 1996 to celebrate Yamaha's 30th anniversary of their SG guitar. This one is a SBG which would make it even more rare. With only 120 made there are only 30 or so that were sent to the west and labeled with the SBG trussrod cover. This one is serial number 079 and it is in absolutely mint condition. Originally purchased in 1996 as an investment. Never gigged and only rarely been played.

Unlike the SG2000 model, this one has a gorgeous two piece flamed top. It also has coil taps and will be supplied with its original leather hard case

This baby is in showroom condition. I have only seen one in my life that looks as nice and it sold for about 3k!!

YamahaSBG1996_Head.jpg

YamahaSBG1996.jpg

YAMAHA SG 2000 - CHERRY SUNBURST - 1984

The ULTIMATE players guitar.

These guitars are ridiculously good and from a players point of view match just about anything I have ever played and shames most.

The SG 2000 was Yamaha Japan

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Which one is your favorite?

Like I've mentionned before, the one I'd pick is the "real thing", that is, the three-piece plain top SG2000. I don't feel the Yamaha SG needs all the bling and abalone,etc. That's not what it's about for me, although Santana's Buddah inlayed SG is a beauty.

• Members

A friend of a friend of mine has a white SBG3000. The gold hardware has tarnished a little otherwise it is in excellent condition, he babies it.

What beautiful guitars.

I'm happy to see Yamaha seems to be selling them again in the U.S., there

are two new SBG1000s at my local dealer presently.

But I want a 3000!

• Members

A friend of a friend of mine has a white SBG3000. The gold hardware has tarnished a little otherwise it is in excellent condition, he babies it.

What beautiful guitars.

I'm happy to see Yamaha seems to be selling them again in the U.S., there

are two new SBG1000s at my local dealer presently.

But I want a 3000!

Well ebay now has a rare SBG3000 in cream for about 2k. These are pretty rare, so you may wanna snap it up.

• 3 years later...
  • Members

Pulling this one up again - I should mention I got to play one of the recent SBG3000 reissues for the american market that was celebrating the anniversary of Yamaha's electric guitar business. What a beauty. I literally got to play it right before its new owner showed up to pick it up and pay for it. Ouch. I think it was #32 out of 40 or something.

• Members

I recently got this off ebay.

84 SG1500 MIJ. All I did to it was change out the gold hardware, then later decided to give the frets a full level/crown job. An awesome les paul substitute. Happy to have it.

The electronics are all original I belive, no desire to change that stuff out. Sounds awesome.

84SG1500-2.jpg

Archived