X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 10 Rhythm guitar players of all time

I figured there is a million Top tens for guitar "solos" why not a rhythm.

I have no idea, hell you could just name 3 or 5 if you want. I'm just looking to be enlightened.

Brian Setzer
    Paul Westerberg
    EVH

Eddie is very underrated for his rhythm playing; it's vastly more profound than what he tries to accomplish with his lead.

Comment

Kurt Cobain

Comment

Add Nile Rogers, Eddie Hazel (good leads, too), Catfish Collins and Al McKay to that list. Can you tell I'm affected by funk? Rhythm is as rhythm does.

Comment

Its alright, when I think of rhythm I automatically think of funk - i really only enjoy rhythm when its the funky ****************!

Comment

Joe Walsh.
            <div class="signaturecontainer">My dad once said &quot;son, wipe your own ass.&quot;</div>

Comment

awaits *omg EVH's rhythm is SO much better than his lead playing*

YOU ARE NOT ORIGINAL FOR SAYING THIS

MANY PEOPLE LIKE HIS RHYTHM WORK SOLELY BECAUSE THEY DONT WANT TO ADMIT THEY ONLY LIKE HIM FOR HIS LEADS

HE IS KNOWN FOR HIS LEAD PLAYING FOLKS, THATS WHAT MADE HIM FAMOUS, DONT ELEVATE HIM TO GREAT ALL AROUND PLAYER

this reminds me of people saying Michael Anthony's backing vocals MADE the band :freak:
              <div class="signaturecontainer"><b><font size="4"><a href="http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c233/hondro7689/Guitars/PC210002-1.jpg" target="_blank"> MY GUITARS</a></font></b></div>

Comment

wow, i can't believe your getting all angry about something that somebody HASNT said yet!!
                thats neat

Comment

EVH - his rhythm is so much better than his lead (which is total ****************e!)
                  <div class="signaturecontainer">I don't like signatures!</div>

Comment

anyone say Malcolm yet?
                    maybe it's just an A power chord doing chunka chunka, but he holds it down.
                    <div class="signaturecontainer"><font color="Navy">GUITARS: Benedetto Custom 7, Benedetto Benny 7, Benedetto Andy 6, Sakashta 7, Palen 7, Carvin CS6 + misc solid bodies...</font><br />
                    <a href="http://www.milleroria.com" target="_blank"><b><font color="blue">The Duo</font></b></a><br />
                    <a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9aAaK6KzHE" target="_blank">Video Clip</a></div>

Comment

Who's Michael Anthony?

Comment

I'm not a fan of VH's leads. His rhythm playing is what I liked most about him.

Seriously.

Also:

John Lennon
                        James Hetfield
                        <div class="signaturecontainer"><a href="http://collectingspace.net" target="_blank">collectingspace.net</a></div>

Comment

Johnny (Thunders and Ramone)

Comment

hetfield is solid
                            <div class="signaturecontainer">good deals with scobro</div>

Comment

Originally posted by walfordr
                              Johnny (Thunders and Ramone)
                              +1
                              <div class="signaturecontainer">good deals with scobro</div>

Comment

Working...
                              X