Harmony Central Forums
Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Billy Gibbons reunites with the Moving Sidewalks - first time in 44 years!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse

X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Billy Gibbons reunites with the Moving Sidewalks - first time in 44 years!

The Rev reunited with his Texas Psych band Moving Sidewalks for a gig a BB Kings NYC last month. They're scheduled to play the Austin Psych Festival on Sunday April 28th. In early 1968 Billy and the Sidewalks toured with the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Reverberation - Moving Sidewalks 2013

RogerF wrote:

The Rev reunited with his Texas Psych band Moving Sidewalks for a gig a BB Kings NYC last month. They're scheduled to play the Austin Psych Festival on Sunday April 28th. In early 1968 Billy and the Sidewalks toured with the Jimi Hendrix Experience.

Reverberation - Moving Sidewalks 2013

They were super hot down here at the time, The Sidewalks that is. They opened for Hendrix's first show here in Houston, I was there...I'll never forget that show as long as I live. Billy and the Sidewalks absolutely John Lee Hookered the roof off of the Music hall. Then Jimi blew down the walls. Never forget it. Jimi opened with "Sgt Pepper's". God it was a mindbender for a 15 yearold kid....

www.soundcloud.com/alamojoe

Comment

• AlamoJoe
      AlamoJoe commented
      Editing a comment

By the way, "Reverberation" is actually a Thirteenth Floor Elevators song, and they were the "other" hot band in Houston then...

Working...
X