Gibson Custom Lite

genesis3

• Members

So I lucked into getting one of these by waiting out an ex-buyer who's CC didn't process with a certain online vendor, to arrive next week ....they apparently only made 275 of these....anyway, if it's all that and a bag of chips and I decide to keep it, the question of changing the look comes into play...the 1st obvious 'upgrade' is 4 knobs, then going for a  custom custom look ..maybe the John Sikes , Ace Frehely or Jeff Beck look...this is the exact one I have coming below, and then some of the options I'm considering after that....I'm aware anything done to it could potentially drop the resale and I'm prepared for that and have flipped enough others to (nearly) compensate :D.....

107330582-angle-l.jpg

ace\_black\_2009\_guitar.jpg

The Ace Frehely look...I actually would attempt yellowing the binding if I thought it could be done and look cool....I've heard coffee grounds will do it..Adding the middle pickup looks cool

user8508\_pic44763\_1328645447.jpg

The John Sikes look...not bad....

d4f4d5a9-ee4a-4f2f-b248-5b225b3da02e.jpg

THe Jeff Beck look.....probably not.

images.jpg

The silver/gold mix look...ehh...

lpc-ebch1-finish-shot.jpg

The all chrome look....This was what inspired the changes to begin with and is likely what it MIGHT end up looking like......

Your .02c?

• Members

There is nothing more elegant, no guitar on Earth, more  beautiful, but yet powerful and full of raw aggressive beauty as a solid black LP with gold hardware and heavily yellowed binding, etc.

Iis like staring into the eyes of a fierce panther as she mesmerizes you with her gaze just before shevpounces on you, shreds you like a paper bag and procedes to eat you, taint first.

Skip tge third pup. That silly look only worked for Frampton and Frahley and other guys whose names start with F.

Archived