NGD! Les Paul with P90s Edition

Strung_Out

• Members

After eyeing it for a few days and convincing myself that I needed it (easy to do I know), I finally pulled the trigger on one of my dream guitars: a goldtop with P90s.

A 2011 Gibson LP Traditional Pro with coil tapped P90's, has a nice fat neck (very much like the 50's shape on my standard), nice weight at 9.25lbs, and just a great tone.  

Gibson LP Tradition P90

Gibson LP Traditional P90

Gibson LP Traditional P90

• Members

Strung\_Out wrote:  

A 2011 Gibson LP Traditional Pro with coil tapped P90's, has a nice fat neck (very much like the 50's shape on my standard), nice weight at 9.25lbs, and just a great tone.  

Gibson LP Tradition P90

That is one seriously gorgeous, wonderfully classy axe.  HNGD!

I have a question, though: "coil-tapped P90s"?  How the heck does that work?

• Members

People still confuse coil tapping with splitting. Splitting takes an entire reverse wired coil out of the circuit. Tapping takes a percentage of windings in one coil out of the circuit. A single coil pickup can only be tapped. A humbucker can be tapped as well as split.

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

Yeah!!!! Killer, enjoy it, and Gibson P90s are in the top best 3 P90s ever wound;)

What are the other two? :robotwink:

To the OP: that is a gorgeous guitar.  I've always had a fondness for P90-equipped guitars.  HNGD, and may you have many happy years together. :robothappy:

Archived