Show us a photo of your guitar you are playing the most right now....

Dr. Scottie C

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Electric

2006 Fender Hot Rod Tele acquired used in 2010 from Guitar Center (Hollywood CA) for a great price.  Fantastic guitar, lightweight and an inspiration to play.

FenderHotRodTele\_2.jpg

Acoustic

2004 Martin OM-21 acquired new from Eric Shoenberg's shop in Tiburon CA in 2005.   The OM-21 is a sleeper in Martin's standard line, and this one, handpicked by Eric at the Martin factory, is simply amazing.  A tone monster.  The spruce top was nearly pale white when I bought it. 

fetch?id=30942120&d=1393212669

• Members

larry50 wrote:

Acoustic

2004 Martin OM-21 acquired new from Eric Shoenberg's shop in Tiburon CA in 2005.   The OM-21 is a sleeper in Martin's standard line, and this one, handpicked by Eric at the Martin factory, is simply amazing.  A tone monster.  The spruce top was nearly pale white when I bought it. 

fetch?id=30952681&d=1393213429

I met Eric schonberg in the ealy 80's (or late 70's, not sure) in Quebec city and we had a great conversation. He signed my vinyl album of his duet with David Laibman. This guy is the stuff of legend in the acoustic guitar world.

• Members

http://palermoguitars.com/#/the-guitars/4567363751 i was playing one of theese yesterday! so incredly nice a guy in my area builds them custom. he actually has one of the 300 evh frakenstrats v have seen it and he bassically makes EXACT replicas! there is even videos of him playing the orig evh and than his! super solid dude great little shop check them out!

• Members

GibsonLP.jpg

I really need some better pics of this.

Gibson LP Studio that I bought when I was 17. Obtained it with some settlement money from a faulty bike manufacturer. I traded it off to friend about 7 years ago for his acoustic and recently traded back. I have barely put it down, it plays better than I remember. A real workhorse and it has the scars to prove it.

• Members

'61 SG Reissue. '57 Classic pickups. I traded TupeloSon here a Hummingbird for this and another guitar. It came set up perfectly. The neck, slim 60s profile, is perfect for me. I can do anything with this guitar. No matter which amp I play through it sounds awesome.

• Members

These two pretty much get equal play time. 

The strat is an MJT finished body, the neck is from my very first guitar and perfect for me in everyway, pickups are Klein jazzy cats, and the hardware is callaham.  To me, this guitar sounds and plays as good as any strat I've ever picked up including customshop models, vintage strats, and current production models.  I wouldn't trade it for the world.

Strat

My LP is a 2001 and was purchased from GreatDane.  As expected, is an amazing playing and imo looking guitar.  Pickups are Wolfetone Dr. Vintage which just ooze classic rock goodness.  Hardware and plastic was swapped out with aged RS guitarworks pieces to give it a bit more of a vintage feel.

2001 Les Paul

• Members

lp

I used to have an ebony Les Paul Special about 7 years ago, but it had P-100's I never bonded with and I sold it after a year.  This is a nice replacement, and bought for the same blowout price as the previous one, $499!  Plus this has a bound neck.  Will play at the next big Crash Pad show on March 2,

Here's a pic of me playing the previous one with Crash Pad:

cp

• Members

I play all my guitars evenly but at the moment my carvin is up to bat...

carvin

DC135  Subtle flame Koa top over an alder body.  Neck through, with (obviously) a floyd.  Ebony fretboard.   SSH layout but the single coils are actually single coil sized humbuckers.  They do straty sounds fairly well.  The bridge humbucker is very hot, but with good grind. 

My girlfriend bought it for me for my birthday a few years ago, after I saw it in a shop.

Very nice guitar over all.  Fit and finish is very good although I wish it would have had a nitro finish.  Don't like Carvin's thick poly.  Aside from that though it plays very well.  Excellent variety of sounds but does it's best as a hard rock mid to high gain player. 

• Members

My K-Line Truxton has stepped into my top spot.  I custom ordered it this past summer - Chris turned it around right on the quoted 12-week lead time and made me a killer guitar.  There's nothing particularly wild about the specs, just a good 60s Tele with a slightly hotter bridge pickup and slightly flatter fingerboard.  It gets all the classic Tele tones but is never overly bright or icepicky, and the neck and fretwork are to die for.

The nitro finish is incredibly thin - literally a sheet of paper.  Even though I've only had it for less than a year, I've been gigging it a bit and it's starting to naturally relic.

Truxton

• Members

2009 Ibanez Jem7v, left handed.  This has been my #1 since my wife gave it to me as a present.  This guitar has been my "Holy Grail" guitar for many years.  Only 150 left handed Jems were produced in the one and only production run of left handed Jem7v's.  My wife tracked down probably the last one that was available in North America.  It plays and sounds amazing. 

Ibanez Jem.jpg

Archived