Harmony Central Forums
Announcement
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bass Guitars - they're a bit boring, aren't they?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bass Guitars - they're a bit boring, aren't they?

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate listening to a good bass player. Playing with one is even better. I actually enjoy playing the thing myself now and then, but as an instrument I just don't find them as interesting as guitars. With guitars, I get the whole "ooh, I need to add a Les Paul to my collection" or "I need a Tele for that country twang" but to me, a bass is just a bass. Sure, some of them are nicer to play than others, but I've got one nice bass, it cost me

Executive Administrator Of The Dick Long Association Of World Class Achievement Forumites SocietyRock-**************** your Ear-Clit here : SPIDROS EL SPIDRO

Bass players, like my friend, will say stuff like, "I need the Musicman sound for this one" or "This song would be better with a Fender" and "Gibson basses suck. Why the hell would you ever play one?"

So if we were primarily bass players, we'd probably want more than one bass. I have just one bass, a 5-string, but I would also like a fretless and a short-scale.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

ic5

I wouldn't mind adding a Carvin 5 or 6 string to the collection someday.

Attached Files
      www.heddatheband.com

Comment

You are obviously a guitarist. As a bass player it get the same must have for different basses as you do with Guitars. I am the oppersite of you as i think most guitars all sound the same ha ha

Comment

• gardo
          gardo commented
          Editing a comment

I agree that they are somewhat boring.

If I could play a bass it would be this

Bass

Attached Files

Basses are cool.  And it seems bass builders are more creative than most guitar builders.  But I really don't hear a lot of difference from one bass to another.  Maybe I just don't listen for it.

Please visit my website www.treeguitarworks.com

Comment

• honeyiscool
          honeyiscool commented
          Editing a comment
          I'm extremely picky about basses, actually. It's just that it was very easy to nail down exactly what I want, but when you have a bass that isn't quite responding the right way, it's very frustrating.

Working...
      X