Question for American Fender Strat owners concerning microtilt

wankdeplank

• Members

Just scored an 89 American Fender Strat and though I love the tonez and the neck, it either needs a shim or a microtilt adjustment to play as well as my two MIMs.  I notice it has the requisite hole in the neckplate but do I need a special tool?  And do any of you guys just say screw the microtilt and just shim?  I have to admit I'm a little leery after owning a Peavey T-15 with that feature that would cause the neck to shift.

• Members

I'm using the micro-tilt on the following :

- 1993 MIJ tele

- 2004 MIA strat

- 2003 MIA strat

Just be careful not to overtighten any of the four regular neck screws (or three on some models). get a tech to do it for you if needed. You might crack your finish or indeed put uneven pressure on the neck if it's not done properly. By all means loosen your strings before working on the neck joint.

• Members

Thx much fellas for your input.  I actually discovered that the neck had too much slack, so I straightened that out and adjusted the saddles and walla it dialed right in.  I know I could bring it down just a tad more with a neck adjustment.  So, in order to tweek the micro-tilt take the slack out of the strings you say.  And what allen wrench to use?  Thx.

Archived