X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FedEx/UPS Shipping Cost Heartburn

I sold a Gretsch 6119 w. case and allowed $65 for shipping in my auction. I went to FedEx and was delighted to find the shipping was $49.00. When asked for declared value I told them $1600 (sell price) and was told sorry, we only insure up to $1000.00. I was shipping in a case in the original Gretsch box. Chances are it would not get damaged but if damaged or lost, well you know sh!t happens.

I went to UPS and shipping was a $59 ona $100 declared value. By the time I insured it for the actual value, the cost was $89.00!! Insurance over $100 declared value is $2.00 per every $100 valuation.

This is just getting more costly every day.

That's pretty much the reality of shipping these days. Not much you can do other than pay up.
    <div class="signaturecontainer">Good deals with: <br />
    FineYoungFool,adark_one,Gibson2687(x3)tubedrt,tomh 777,Koflan,hvymtl939,shy,dcindc,vangkm, Mr.Pocket,baja85,jjpistols,pinchegordo,Norton666,< br />
    ny300percent.com,paulderlunas,Carbohydrates,GarysB lues,XMahkaihX,JeepDriver,Rokket2005,walleyealx,<b r />
    AlleyTrash,BigPimpin'T,frankthomson,Bengal,tobildt eleez,lkdog,slappymcfinkles,Mbomn8r,teleblaster, taylorman22,vidiot72,abrasive,heartben,fretnwail,< br />
    downer01,bobonblonde, KingEdB,andrewemmel,solarpimp,tdepaul1313,kjrocks, suntired, RG 76</div>

Comment

Working...
    X