Kid Rock has gone up in my estimation

• Moderators

The weekend just passed has seen the resale tickets of any returned Glastonbury tickets and I missed out again, so I have got a tad of butthurt, but hey. But in general, in most places paperless ticketing is a huge bonus, but Ticketmaster here in the UK are like Satan's Cock, on which you decide to suck or else not see a top artist, so big kudos to Kid Rock for this

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/04/kid-rock-embarrassed-to-be-a-republican-over-paperless-ticketing-bans.html

• Members

Wow. I totally respect what he said in that article. So few hardline party members (of either party) will say things like that. And the fact that he's fighting for people to not be overcharged for everything at concerts is great. The best is the $4 beer and coffee for the DDs.

• Members

The problem is that you need pretty much every major artist touring in the US to take a stand against TicketBastard for something to change. People aren't going to stop buying tickets, including me b/c I enjoy live shows so much.

I would also LOVE to know how the hell their merger with LiveNation went through without so much as a peep from anti-trust regulators. Yeah, Washington ain't corrupt at all....

I bought 3 tickets last week to see, of all bands, The Fresh Beat Band so I can take the kids. Svc charge PER TICKET (I printed my own, btw): $12.00.

I saw Steel Panther last night. $35 ticket. $10 fee. That's almost 30%.

{censored} you, TicketMaster. {censored}. You.

Archived