tax return time: what did everyone buy?

GreatDane

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Got a good sum of cash back but was warned that next year I won't be so lucky because my wife and i both work putting us a couple steps up on the bracket.  I paid a lot of bills and got some things for the kiddies and the wife as well as the house.  I had enough left over to pick up a Wampler Euphoria overdrive,  I am still deciding if it was worth it and if it would eventually take over the Barber's LTD's spot.  Not entirely jiving with it as of yet. 

• Members

About the only thing I'm getting gear-wise is a refinish for my peeling Hamer bass; the wife has offered to kick in some $$$ for it as a birthday present.

Otherwise, the front porch and steps need replacement and so does the family car. 

• Members

Want to buy a custom thinline tele I played at Sam Ash earlier this week...but I'm actually going to be responsible and not buy it, even though it's at an attractive price.  This is going to be a bad year on household expenses; going to have to treat my house for termites, replace a couple of windows and a fence at a rental house, and just paid out about $1900 for plumbing repairs.

• Members

Well I'm an independent contractor so I pay in. So nothing, for quite a while. Fortunately I'm in a thin the herd phase at this point. My 360-6 has turned out to be the perfect guitar for me, has been for a while. Have a half dozen or so more that I will not part with. And a handful that I plan to get rid of once the economic conditions are more favorable to sellers.

Archived