Collapse
No announcement yet.

tax return time: what did everyone buy?

Collapse

X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tax return time: what did everyone buy?

A little late, perhaps, but....

So what sorts of musical gear did everyone run out and buy with their money back from the gov'ment?
    INTERNET stands for: Inter-connected Network of Tools Endlessly Regurgitating Negatively Energized Tantrums

My Guitars | ... but can he play? | Currently a Gold Trader +6

Use extreme caution when attempting to interact or transact with IndianScout.

A few bucks went towards my Gibson Les Paul Jr Special. The rest bought our summer vacation.
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
      A few bucks went towards my Gibson Les Paul Jr Special. The rest bought our summer vacation.

that sounds like a great balance, actually.  where are you going for vacation?

We broke even between paying the feds and refunds from the state. But I don

Comment

• bee3
      bee3 commented
      Editing a comment

I owed.  A lot.

• Special J
      Special J commented
      Editing a comment

New brakes for the car, new exhaust for the truck, new lawn mower. Sucks being an adult sometimes. I just might be putting a bit away for a vintage drum kit though. 

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

jpnyc wrote:

We broke even between paying the feds and refunds from the state. But I don

LA to visit family. Should be fun!
    Guitars: 3 Fender Strats, Fender Jazzmaster, Squier Bullet, 2 Gibson Les Pauls, Gibson ES-339, Gibson Les Paul Jr. Special, Epiphone Les Paul, Epiphone Dot, Epiphone SG, PRS SE Custom 24, Ibanez AS73, Hamer Duotone, Larrivee D-03R, Takamine EG5013S, 1951 Epiphone Devon, Ibanez SR305 (bass)Pedal Chain: BBE Green Screamer -> MXR Distortion III -> Boss CE-5 -> EH Stereo Pulsar -> Boss DD-20 -> BBE Boosta GrandeAmps: Vox AC4, AC15, AC30, Pathfinder 10, DA5SoundCloud

Comment

• Axeslinger
      Axeslinger commented
      Editing a comment
      Taxes went way up.. Income didn't

• GreatDane
      GreatDane commented
      Editing a comment

kayd_mon wrote:
      LA to visit family. Should be fun!

sweet - have fun!

Got a good sum of cash back but was warned that next year I won't be so lucky because my wife and i both work putting us a couple steps up on the bracket.  I paid a lot of bills and got some things for the kiddies and the wife as well as the house.  I had enough left over to pick up a Wampler Euphoria overdrive,  I am still deciding if it was worth it and if it would eventually take over the Barber's LTD's spot.  Not entirely jiving with it as of yet. 

Gear1996 Strat deluxe, Schecter TSH-1, Squire standard Strat, Dearmond M65-C, Blues JR, Crate VC20, Bugera V5. Vox Time Machine, Keeley mod DS1, Wampler Euphoria, Vox wah.

Comment

Chamomile cream to soothe the ass rape soreness.png" alt=":smileysad:" title="Smiley Sad" />

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. - Plato

Comment

About the only thing I'm getting gear-wise is a refinish for my peeling Hamer bass; the wife has offered to kick in some $$$ for it as a birthday present.

Otherwise, the front porch and steps need replacement and so does the family car. 

Originally Posted by Warren Buffett

“There’s class warfare, all right, but it’s my class, the rich class, that’s making war, and we’re winning.”

Member of the Hamer Squad

Founder of the Danelectro Horde

Third Cousin of The Orange-y Family

Good dealings with: GreatDane, Norcal_GIT_r (x2), solly, puckman, rydia is hot, 98 les paul, JerEvil

MY GUITARS

Comment

Want to buy a custom thinline tele I played at Sam Ash earlier this week...but I'm actually going to be responsible and not buy it, even though it's at an attractive price.  This is going to be a bad year on household expenses; going to have to treat my house for termites, replace a couple of windows and a fence at a rental house, and just paid out about $1900 for plumbing repairs.

Comment

Well I'm an independent contractor so I pay in. So nothing, for quite a while. Fortunately I'm in a thin the herd phase at this point. My 360-6 has turned out to be the perfect guitar for me, has been for a while. Have a half dozen or so more that I will not part with. And a handful that I plan to get rid of once the economic conditions are more favorable to sellers.
            Information is not knowledge
            Knowledge is not wisdom
            Wisdom is not truth
            Truth is not beauty
            Beauty is not love
            Love is not music.
            Music Is The Best.

- Frank Zappa

Comment

Nothing. I always have to pay out.

Comment

• steve_man
                steve_man commented
                Editing a comment

2 New Garage Doors...:/

I paid a little bit, but on April 16, I went out and snagged a mid-'70s Ampeg VT-40. It's amazing.

http://soundcloud.com/tin-fingers

Comment

I got nailed with taxes due to new job and relocation to another state (SC).

Next year should be a nice return though.
                I love guitars!

Comment

Buy? I try to make sure the govt doesn't get any of my $$$ to play with during the year.
                  tlbonehead@yahoo.com
                  www.myspace.com/tbone_tommy
                  -For Sale:
                  -set of GFS Dream 90s- gold and black pearl- $40 shipped in the cont. US
                  -(2) Celestion G12M-70 16 ohm guitar speakers in good condition $40 ea. + shipping.
                  - Vox VT15 Valvetronix very clean - $85 + shipping
                  - Hughes Kettner Edition Tube 20 (the early Voxy sounding one) Sounds & looks good. $250 + shipping. SOLD
                  - Crate Palomino V8 - 10" Celestion - Very clean - on Ebay (sold)

Comment

Working...
                  X