the japanese make the best pimped out mini-vans

Mad Tele

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I disagree.

GM, Ford, Dodge, etc... make vans that a lot of metal guys have used and are light years ahead of anything the Japanese are selling.

The Japanese makes a nice production van for a relativly inexpensive price.

It's kind of like I used to think Mazda made the most fun van to drive then I moved up to a Chrysler and my mind changed . . .

Ah screw it.  The Japanese make the coolest mini-vans. :robotwink:

Japanese mini-van

• Members

JRicoC wrote:

a) It took a while, but we've finally made it to the return of parody threads

b) you guys have no idea what a minivan is

We have to honour one of the most spectacular cases of foot-in-mouth disease this forum has seen in quite some time. :robotlol:

• Members

Whatever. Now I've seen half a dozen posts defending people's right to use racial slurs. Now I've seen it all.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. If someone calls me goy, I can call them kike. Makes real sense. I thought people are better than that. I guessed wrong.

• Members

knotty wrote:

I think what you have seen is people questioning if it is indeed a racial slur. It started as an abbreviation. Why is it seen as offensive? Please dont quote "ken"

Why is the N word offensive? It's just a colloquial way of saying "Negro."

Words become offensive because people start using it to be offensive. At some point, once there's been enough momentum behind a word, using it starts aligning you with that group of people who use that word to be offensive. All I'm saying is that if a million people are saying "Jap" to be offensive, and you're just saying it out of ignorance, to the listener, you look an awful like the other people using it as a pejorative. And if you keep fighting for your right to use it after being told that it is, indeed, an ethnic slur, then you really start looking like a racist.

It's not really about the listener being unable to take it. It's about understanding how people will take that word. It doesn't matter whether you intend the word to be offensive. If enough Japanese and non-Japanese listeners find it offensive and tell you so, you should just accept that it is offensive, either continue to or stop using it, and accept the consequences either way.

• Members

@honeyiscool

About the gay-as-a-slur-causing-fights-under-35 comment... You obviously have no knowledge of inner city school populations, "urban" communities, etc. While it's great that people are finally becoming tolerant of homosexuality in the US, the people I'm talking about use "gay" as an insult, and they relentlessly torment, abuse, and alienate any open homosexuals in their community. And these are not bible-belt mentality people either, who are most associated with the behavior I'm talking about. If you think that "gay" as a derogatory term is offensive to the masses, you are sadly mistaken.

Archived