GreatDane

• Members

v

Rickenbacker 650S

Body Type Solid
No. Frets 24
Scale Length 62.9 cm (24 3/4'')
Neck Width at Nut 44.45 mm (1 3/4'')
Neck Width at 12th Fret 53.52mm (2 .107)
Crown Radius 25.4 cm (10'')
Body Wood Walnut
Neck Wood Maple
Fingerboard Wood Maple
Weight 3.75 kg (8.25 lbs.)
Overall Length 94.0 cm (37'')
Overall Width 33.7 cm (13 1/4'')
Overall Depth 31.8 mm (1 1/4'')
Neck Binding Binding No
Fret Marker Style Dot
Tailpiece Combi
Bridge 6 Saddle
Neck Type Thru body
No. of Pickups 2
Type of Pickups Humbucking
Output Type Mono
Machine Heads

Schaller

v

• Members

Hey Roy!

I'm a sucker for those finishes cuz I was raised around natural blond teles and Unkle MatsuModels.

Personally I'd play the bejeezus outta that Ric and raise a finger to those who hate on it. I've always liked the sounds of Rics and wanted after one badly...but they are rare as hen's dicks around here so there's little chance I'll ever get to try one out.

• Members

Yea, the natural finish and the neck thru, the maple & walnut, really tickles my hippy sandwich fetish. 

My only experience with Rickenbacker is one of these, which was awesome, best playing bass ever. Got it cheap, sold it high. I wasnt really playing any rock n roll at the time, I had a P/J that seemed to cover my needs, so I sold it to fund some other GAS. Still miss it. I shoulda sold the P/J and puts some flats on the Ric for the sound I needed at the time.

101108-65ba78dad3fa91330afd25932fa32ffd.

• Members

Ratae Coritanorum wrote:

I've never been a partaker at the Ric table apart from the 4001, but I'd have one of those in a heartbeat, as apparently they have a decent chunky neck and I love the simple but cool aesthetic.

I wish I'd have hit Punk Kitty's one:(

i almost bought PK's Ric that she had in the FS thread as well.  no regrets, and glad she got a buyer.

Archived